Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the disappointment of no new larger Trek kits and then the excitement over the 2001 licence people might have missed that over on Cults website it says the following..........

Round 2 also has plans for additional variations of the 22″ Eagle.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Well, sure, but that was known when the 22" kit first came out. I think Jamie was actually quoted somewhere as saying they intended to get 3 releases out of the tooling.

Speculation put that as 'standard transporter' (the current kit), 'Lab Eagle' and 'cargo platform/winch Eagle'.

I'm a crazy man of course, thinking they would do better by just keeping the 22" Eagle in production and 'freshen' it with pod kits and accessories. It would be wallet friendly for both consumers and retailers and everybody could get exactly what they want to build their ideal Eagle.

But again, I must be insane to think that is a viable concept. :)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, sure, but that was known when the 22" kit first came out. I think Jamie was actually quoted somewhere as saying they intended to get 3 releases out of the tooling.

Speculation put that as 'standard transporter' (the current kit), 'Lab Eagle' and 'cargo platform/winch Eagle'.

I'm a crazy man of course, thinking they would do better by just keeping the 22" Eagle in production and 'freshen' it with pod kits and accessories. It would be wallet friendly for both consumers and retailers and everybody could get exactly what they want to build their ideal Eagle.

But again, I must be insane to think that is a viable concept. :)

Well whether they release the pods as separate or as different boxings is up to them but they can get more than 3 variants. The nuclear pod had the most votes for a start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts