Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wonderful...

Tim,

You really did a professional job on that Enterprise - well done!

Your selection of colors is particularly excellent - can you share with us what colors you used where?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I must agree. Color selection is excellent. I really like the visual effect of your paint work. A spectacular job there! Thanks for sharing your work with us :)

Regards,
Todd

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used Tamiya paints. Basically a lot of white with minimal amounts of tan, grey, pearl and blue.
The only off the shelf colors I used were white, black and a dark blue for the engine grills. All the other shades were mixed.

Tim

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
God that looks Great. How were the templates created?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks Tim. You sound like an artist - we can paint anything with just a handful of basic colors.

I'll take that approach as well, as that's no doubt the best way to achieve subtle variations...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I created the templates for the aztec pattern in photoshop (will be downloadable from my site soon)

The templates for the panels I cut out of pieces of masking tape.

Tim

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ketzer.com said:
I created the templates for the aztec pattern in photoshop (will be downloadable from my site soon)

The templates for the panels I cut out of pieces of masking tape.

Tim

Ooo... more templates!

I like... will they be scaleable to the PL refit, or DeBoer specific size?

·
Registered
29 Posts
They will only fit the Deboer. I seriously doubt that the lines on the PL are an exact scaled down version of the Deboer. Besides, I think someone is already offering templates for the PL.

edit: you can now download the aztec templates I made. On my site at:
Ketzer.com
all the way at the bottom of the page

Tim

121 - 128 of 128 Posts