Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Tim, welcome to the forums, and keep us updated. Since I won't ever have one of these babies, I love to see the way others do theirs. There's a lot of experience around here, too; If you need tips on how others have tackled certain problems, you're likely to get lots of friendly suggestions.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm glad to see other Deboer builders surfacing. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's progress and comparing notes. I just need to get off of my rear end and get busy again on mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The only problem with the model I am seeing at this time is that the secondary hull is slightly curved. That means the pylons going up to the engines are slightly off, which means the left engine is higher than the right engine.

And I will be out of town all of November. So there may not be an update til some time in December.

Tim

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
I was struck dumb and speechless upon seeing your pics. Fantastic! It looks more than good enough to shoot a movie.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well, this thread has given me the kick in the butt I needed. I actually went out to the shop and worked on the big E for a couple of hours last night. I have a question though. What's the general consensus as to the proper color of the ribbed area around the impulse crystal for the Refit (not the A)? Should it be a blue/grey, or engine green? I'm beginning to think it would have been much easier to just build the A since there are more color references available. :freak:

Matt

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
She's looking good Johnny! :thumbsup: Seeing that aztec pattern sends shivers up my spine and makes wish I was at home right now painting one on mine! Are you planning on lighting her up as well?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well thanks to the graces of God I will be aquiring one of these beauties through someone who will be selling me there's. I thank this person through the bottom of my heart as he is willing to do it on a payment plan for me as well. I can't wait to pay it off. Although I may never finish it as I plan to keep it for the collectability purposes but ya never know. The new house we got has the room to display it in and it would make a nice center peice in the Den. And its big enough to make a nice weather vane on the roof too if its assembled strong enough. Wouldn't that make nice impressive weather vane on top of the house lol. (just kidding I would never sacrifice the model to such extremes.) but it would look nice mounted on a pedestal in the front yard for all the school kids to awe and ooh at as they walked home from school too lol.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Looks great, Tim! Mine is ,for the most part, ready for aztecing. However, wth the rapid approach of winter and the difficulties it brings for heating my shop, coupled with the fact that my job has become all-consuming, I might have to wait and finish it this spring. Slowly, but surely, it will get there!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Disillusionist said:
Looks great, Tim! Mine is ,for the most part, ready for aztecing. However, wth the rapid approach of winter and the difficulties it brings for heating my shop, coupled with the fact that my job has become all-consuming, I might have to wait and finish it this spring. Slowly, but surely, it will get there!
Just make sure you bring it, yourself and your Purty Lady to WonderFest so we can all Oooh & Aaah! the thing, m'kay? :thumbsup:

- - - - - -

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards

Star Trek Scale Modeling WebRing

41 - 60 of 128 Posts