Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, after a couple of months of model building inactivity due to job overtime, I've finally managed to make a small amount of progress on the big refit. I pulled the camera out to celebrate this evening, and I thought I'd share the results with all of you. I still have a long way to go (haven't even started azteking yet), but I'll get there eventually. Enjoy.

Matt

side view
beneath
closer
in the dark
bridge (very unfinished)

edited to add one more pic :)

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I really wanted one of those... but when I tried to order one I was told the molds had gone bad just a month earlier and they were no longer available.

I haven't seen pics of one that really knocked me out... have you read the threads on pearlescent paints used on the film miniature?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
drewid142 said:
I really wanted one of those... but when I tried to order one I was told the molds had gone bad just a month earlier and they were no longer available.

I haven't seen pics of one that really knocked me out... have you read the threads on pearlescent paints used on the film miniature?

Oh yeah, I've read all of the pearlescent painting threads. I intend to use pearls, I just have to get to that point!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Nice job man! Now you just gotta tackle the PL Refit 1701 when it comes out...by the way won't the PL Refit be just a tad bit smaller than DeBoer Enterprise?

Trent

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Deboer kit is roughly 46 inches long. That puts it at just over a foot longer than the upcoming PL kit. I'm not sure what that translates to as far as saucer diameter is concerned.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
drewid142 said:

I got what was probably the very last one Dennis made (unless some people talked him into one or two more). I would consider selling it, since I can admit to myself that I'll probably never get to it. Mine is untouched (well, okay, I did touch it, but that's all). PM me or email if interested.

Paul

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thats is just simply awesome! I've been building models for 30 years but this past year switched to Star Trek modeling. Imagine my suprise to see such a big beautiful Refit kit!!!! Sadly, it sounds like from this thread that, I learned of them too late. :( Anyway that is a great build. I hope to see pics of it completed.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hey J. Cat just think the PL Refit Enterprise will be out in a month or so hopefully and it'l be just as a good of a build up as the DeBoer. :) But yeah Disillusionist your build up of that is quite impressive. Can't (well can) wait to see her fully finished with decals and painted. :)

Trent

·
Registered
37 Posts
Scotty would be proud. Indeed at that scale , suspension of disbelief can be achieved. AND your gonna 'pearl' it? OMG. That's gonna be a helluva job. Please keep posting the pix !! I just canna get enuff...

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
That looks simply incredible! Even without the final paint the ship looks so smooth and solid and HUGE! The lighting is really great too. :)

1 - 20 of 128 Posts