Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I always had this tyco chessie turbo train for like 10 years and never had a luck to find the original middle one - maybe one day i ll get lucky! (only 2 - front and rear no middle one) so I finally decided to make one. I am not happy with it but I am almost there on colors. they are hard to match! Thanks Joez for taking picture of his beloved chessie!!

One tyco ultimate police car - i added the part in the hood with blower.. I got it from a hot wheels. its all plastic. I think its pretty cool.

One dodge a-100 in metallic green with MOUNTAIN DEWWWWWWW .. makes me sooo thirsty lol..I got this body in trade from NTX (Rich)

Enjoy!
Wes

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Boy, Wes, you sure do work fast, mate!
I had best comment in order now because of the HUGE amount of slot-goodness you have crammed into this one post!

The Chessie car looks fantastic! The colors look good to me!
Had I not known that you squirted the middle car, I would not have noticed!

The Cop-Out really looks like an all-out drag car now! Good show in the whittle & fit!
(takes a long time, yeah? :D)

You really put the shine on that Dew machine, too! The color combination is prefect with the chrome .

Your eye for detail is top shelf, man.
Thanks for sharing these sweet cars! :thumbsup:

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Wow, Wes!!!! The paint matching job is great!! I agree, if you hadn't pointed it out, I would have never known!! The Dodges are Sweeeeeeeeet!!!! Mile deep finish on both, and great job yanking the hood off the cop out!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Yea, Great work on the Chessie car!!! If it weren't for the replacement wheels, I couldn't tell the difference :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Cool Cop Car, but I'm really liking that Dew truck :thumbsup::thumbsup: I may have to try that on a junker I picked up...RM

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey Wes, Did you resin cast the missing middle car for the Turbo train and if so what did you use as a master ? Great work on all of those customs too

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Move over Thomas...Toot, Toot!

Wes,

I know you have been searching for that middle Chessie car forever. Great idea to make a clone...it looks Fantastic!

The Tyco Trick Truck is one of my favorite bodies and you Dewed it up real good. I like how the red & white Pops on that fancy metalic green paint job you did.

There is no Doubt that Police car likes to go faaaaaaaast & do Burn Outs.

Bob...C'mon ride the train yeah Ride on...zilla

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys! it was fun doing it. i am working on the chessie middle car again. i think i found the right orange color.

Wes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts