Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Great photos; nice models. It seems weird to think of a Consul or a Prefect sedan as a muscle car. My mind's eye immediately goes to something like a '55 Chevy, a Boss Mustang or a Charger/Challenger...

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Great photos; nice models. It seems weird to think of a Consul or a Prefect sedan as a muscle car. My mind's eye immediately goes to something like a '55 Chevy, a Boss Mustang or a Charger/Challenger...
Not these ones, but Brit cars like the '47 -'48 Anglia was Very popular back in the day here in the US of A as light wieght gasser material.
Here's a nice vintage gasser for ya done up right.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Not these ones, but Brit cars like the '47 -'48 Anglia was Very popular back in the day here in the US of A as light wieght gasser material.
Yeah - A British Anglia coupe reminds me of an American Willys gasser. I should have phrased my words differently. When talking about vintage American muscle cars, I can only recall 2-door coupes not like the British 4-door Consul and Prefect...

The current Charger is the only American 4-door sedan that comes to mind as an American muscle car. Maybe there are more...

Can anyone recall any other American 4-door muscle cars?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
There's a re-creation of that John Mazmanian Willys someone did and it is perfection.
John's cars were always of the highest standards and raised the bar back then.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a re-creation of that John Mazmanian Willys someone did and it is perfection.
John's cars were always of the highest standards and raised the bar back then.
This is the only one I know of in 1/43 scale. I didn't even know this one existed until it popped-up on epay. I'm now looking for Stone/Woods & Cook in 1/43.

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts