Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
'Bout time....jeez,those are a nice sight to see,add twelve more cars to my list of "must haves!(reg and WL)"
No dogs(Atlantic,Desoto) to ruin the set...not even a Viper....YES!!!
Might even be the last true JL Mopars.....who knows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,345 Posts
Hey Ty, some of us here like vipers and think they should be in EVERY release! :D Seriously though this series is a winner, and even though I am not a Mopar guy, I am happy to see a good set of cars on its way to and from store shelves near me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
It's alright Mike,?Vipers are cool but most Mopar sets have one and I don't collect them just for the sake of finishing a set so I end up with odd numbered sets and it's a spacial nightmare when organizing. :freak: :D
I confess I have a few,can't resist a good deal and before my collection got so big I collected all things Mopar.I'll take one in 1:1 if anybody has an extra though. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Can any of you Mopar freaks tell me if there are any new models in this set that JL has not done before. Not new casting, but new models of the actual car (i.e. grill variations, hood variations, engine decal variations, etc) Or are they just repaints of exact models that have been done before?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
PWSchuh said:
Can any of you Mopar freaks tell me if there are any new models in this set that JL has not done before. Not new casting, but new models of the actual car (i.e. grill variations, hood variations, engine decal variations, etc) Or are they just repaints of exact models that have been done before?

Thanks.
Can't read the engine callouts from here or see the grilles very well,but pretty sure they have all been done as far as the actual models go.Hard to say without a close look.I'm pretty sure the 68 Cuda is a replica of a real one though (ala Your Car Is The Star)So maybe we will see some replicas of real rare cars even if the replicas are not so rare anymore. :freak:

looks to me like-
71 Challenger R/T
72 Demon
71 Duster 340
70 GTX
71 Roadrunner
68 Superstock Hemi Cuda
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,483 Posts
does anyone know what features the whites will have ?Gotta add that barracuda to the collection love that casting ...I think that barracuda was on the cover of a magazine at one time looks very familiar from somewhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
luckymopar416 said:
does anyone know what features the whites will have ?Gotta add that barracuda to the collection love that casting ...I think that barracuda was on the cover of a magazine at one time looks very familiar from somewhere
Yeah the owner's doing a burnout in front of the cop car,one of last year's Mopar Muscle mags if I'm not mistaken.I just wasn't sure if the graphics were exactly the same.Wonder if they'll have little covers in the packages?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,345 Posts
tystik73 said:
It's alright Mike,?Vipers are cool but most Mopar sets have one and I don't collect them just for the sake of finishing a set so I end up with odd numbered sets and it's a spacial nightmare when organizing.

I confess I have a few,can't resist a good deal and before my collection got so big I collected all things Mopar.I'll take one in 1:1 if anybody has an extra though. :thumbsup:
Yeah I know what you mean! I have several one car Mopar sets! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
808 Posts
Swifty said:
And some of us LIKE the DeSotos too. :thumbsup:
Hey pal.....that better be a thumb. :jest:
No offense to anyone it's just I only collect the muscle stuff 62-74 and I want JL to cater to me!
See....it's working already. :devil:
 

·
Rocket Power
Joined
·
3,267 Posts
Too bad about the weird color scheme on the side of the Barracuda. I think that casting is much nicer in stock colors. What about the new dart casting that is coming. How come it's not in this set? This set won't be out til Dec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,668 Posts
tystik73 said:
Hey pal.....that better be a thumb. :jest:
No offense to anyone it's just I only collect the muscle stuff 62-74 and I want JL to cater to me!
See....it's working already.
Don't get me wrong, I love my muscle cars too... but the world would be boring if everyone drove a '69 Camaro no matter how cool the '69 Camaro is (and I saw a SWEET '69 Camaro today at Wal*Mart).
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top