Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other collectors out there that are collectors of one specific brand or make of cars? I'd bet that most people that read the title to this post have 1 or 2 brands that they prefer to collect. Probably a lot of Ford and Chevy fans on this forum. The first car that I bought was a '68 OLDS 442 that I got from the original owner in 1980. It had been a racecar it's entire life, and only had 26,000 miles on it. I had seen it multiple times on the drag strip, and when I saw it for sale, I bought it. I had that car for 8 years, and it was a blast to drive.
However, I've been a huge MOPAR fan since before I was old enough to drive. My dad took me to my first drag race at the '73 NHRA Winternationals in Pomona for my 14th b'day, and I was hooked. Watching all those old school HEMI and MAX WEDGE powered cars running in stock/super stock was all it took to make me a lifetime MOPAR fan (and OLDS too).My future first car was running in C/SA at that race.
I collect any/all American cars and trucks, but my loyalty will always be to MOPAR. I love the fact that they brought the Challenger/Charger platform back in 2008. They're still the most powerful/fastest American car company. And don't forget about the Viper, frickn' awesome.
So, am I the only MOPAR fanatic on these forums?

·
Administrator
44,232 Posts
I've got a few Mopars still hanging around the gravity tracks but my focus is on the Corvette castings and I have sold or traded most of the slower castings to other MOPAR collectors.

If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be the Chrysler Turbine.

2012 Hot Wheels Boulevard '63 Chrysler Turbine by Milton Fox, on Flickr

There are also a few American based eVs that will probably beg to differ with you being not only the most powerful (torque wise) American car company and the fastest and even the quickest now.

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts
I collect mopars also but I also collect GM'S, Chevy's, corvettes, Ford's, Volkswagens, JDM'S, Porsches, pickup trucks, vans, Oldsmobiles, Lamborghinis, Ferrari's, all real life vehicles, and all fantasy vehicles and the only diecast brand I collect is hot wheels.👍

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I collect Chevy trucks. Mostly because I've been driving Chevy trucks since 1989. My favorite MOPAR is the '70 Dodge Power Wagon.
My parents bought a new Dodge truck in 1970, put a camper on it, and took my 3 sisters and myself every where. We drove up and down the west coast several times and to Wisconsin and back, all from SO. CAL. In 1980, they bought a motorhome (on a Dodge chassis), sold the camper, and gave me the truck. It was my daily driver for over 20 years.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a few Mopars still hanging around the gravity tracks but my focus is on the Corvette castings and I have sold or traded most of the slower castings to other MOPAR collectors.

If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be the Chrysler Turbine.

2012 Hot Wheels Boulevard '63 Chrysler Turbine by Milton Fox, on Flickr

There are also a few American based eVs that will probably beg to differ with you being not only the most powerful (torque wise) American car company and the fastest and even the quickest now.
I like that casting, it's cool. I disagree with you about who's got the fastest/quickest production car made in America. Between MOPAR, GM, and FORD, the Dodge Demon from '18 and the Super Stock Challenger from this year are the quickest/fastest sedans for sale. I don't count the 'Vette because it's a sports car, not a sedan. I would put up the last Viper GTR that was produced against the 'Vette.
I don't count electric vehicles, their range makes them very impractical for the average person. It will still be decades before they become affordable and commonplace in my opinion. The government can't legislate what consumers get to buy and drive, or what kinds of cars are produced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts