Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one and am a bit confused as to where the diff. lights go. I can understand port from startboard. but do I continue to use the clear plastic warp incert that goes behind the bussard collector? The kit does not come with any sort of inst, or drawing. Bad form if you ask me. I contacted MIM and they want me to write a email back at them to ask detailed question, as they have never had anyone ask where to put the light before.

I may not be the sharpest #11 blade on the bench , but I think all modelers could use a simple drawing. At $50.00 would it be too much to ask?

Has anyone used this kit before? And if so could you drop some pointers?

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...1-enterprise-preassembled-lighting-ki-p-13694

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
That looks very similar to the one I got from Federation Models some years ago!

It didn't come with any instructions, either. I haven't yet installed that set into my NX; although I've tested both poking the LEDs through the kit disc and without. I thought it was too bright if you didn't use it; years ago on a NX build thread here on Hobbytalk someone also said if you used the tinted plastic strips used for Easter Egg baskets, that would also diffuse the brightness of the LEDs.

Personally, I'm thinking of using the clear discs, poke the tips through the holes there and use the plastic basket bedding to tone it down.

It is a very simple set otherwise- it's really a "drop in and fix into place" kind of thing.. but you will still need to plan your build even so.

Funny you should mention this... I was testing that system out only last month!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts