Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, It's a dream, but I'd like that actually.

If I had the cash for it, then I would hire back the great 1990's team that brought us the 1958 Edsel kit, the 1966 Oldsmobile, the 1957 Chrysler 300 and more.

Maybe I'd even establish "The Blueprinter" again. OH, and I'd DEFINATLY be hunting down the Polar Lights crew and re-establishing them and bringing out more monster and Sci-Fi kits!

Everyone would get Canadian citizenship and we'd open a big factory outside of High River with Monster Hobbies as the main store / warehouse. Then I could hire all my European friends to establish ties to the hobby stores in their own countries. We'd get our name out there again!

Besides, with the expertise of the old PL and AMT crew, it couldn't be too hard, right?

However, all this is superficial and I'm a little short on cash, so if I could pass around the collection plate, we'll get things going! :D

Talk to you guys soon!

Trevor
Monster Hobbies
127 3rd Ave Sw High River, Alberta, Canada

Come and visit us...you know you want to! :D

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I have a bunch of pennies ( U.S. ) in a jar if that helps ?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hope that's a BIG jar! Unsubstantiated rumor is that it'll take about 25 hundred - million pennies!
I'd guess you'll need a couple rail cars to haul that many pennies!

Dave

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
In the tune from a Supertramp song......

'Dreamers! were all silly DREAMERS'

.......and sometimes dreams come true!

We need Polar lights back!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I tend to agree. Just the way RC2 handled it over the years makes me not really shed a tear for the loss.

Considering what AMT was striving to acheve before RC2 bought it and how Polar Lights was handled, I am glad, in a way, to see them fail. Sorry, but it's how I feel.

Anyway, someone will probably buy the molds again and re-produce plastic in the future.

Think of Testors. somewhere in their vaults lies 4 kits originally tooled by Jo-Han.

Monogram has some of the Monster kits from Aurora.

I'm sure AMT molds will end up somewhere. Afterall, they did buy up MPC at the end of the 1980's.

There's still hope, right?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Wouldn't it be crazy if some company like Glencoe bought them?

(Really doubt THAT would happen, just sayin'..... )

Rev/Mon would be a better bet... they'd then have the majority of all the classic kit molds under 1 roof, as it were.

Given their propensity for "sitting on" molds, I dunno if we'd see any more out of them than we did from RC2... they've had the Aurora Knight molds in inventory for decades, and never once did anything with them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
PL and China

Since a lot of the PL models were injected in China, does anybody know if any Chinese company is making them under their brand? As they like to take advantage of the situation...

And besides, brands such as Dragon and Trumpeter are taking a big stake of the American market, maybe there is the solution to our concerns...

Who knows... :rolleyes:

Alberto

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dave Metzner said:
Hope that's a BIG jar! Unsubstantiated rumor is that it'll take about 25 hundred - million pennies!
I'd guess you'll need a couple rail cars to haul that many pennies!

Dave
I used to have several rail cars full of pennies - but I lost half of them in a wreck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts