Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys! The deadline for the Monster Hobbies Build A Monster Contest is now finished!

Here are the entries. Excellent work done by everyone!

Judging will take place shortly!

Out of Box Catagory

The Creature From The Black Lagoon by Tylerh

The Mummy by Arc Undertaker

Sleepy Hollow by Roy Kirchoff

Nosferatu by OzyMandias

Concepts and One Of A Kinds

Death of Dracula by McDougall

Dracula by Monster Model Man

Diorama

Roswell 1947 by McDougall

Totally Wild

The Mummy by Mark McGovern

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
My thanks also for opening your model contest up to us, MCR! The modelers in your town should have more appreciation for the LHS they're so lucky to have. The only in-store contest we get here is the local division of HobbyTown USA's national model contest, and then a figure model gets bundled away in the "Miscellaneous" category. You sure you can't be tempted to relocate...?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
:thumbsup:
McDee,
That Roswell dio is really neat. What scale is it? 1/48th or 1/35th maybe?
A.U.
Hey thanks for the kind words on my Roswell Dio...Yeah it's the 1/48 Testors kit, I added all the Army men from an old Aurora Sherman tank kit and all the little Aliens came from various UFO kits, I melted a couple to form them over the rocks and repositioned some of the Army guys arms and legs so they looked more inter-active with what was going on, I tried to make the scene look totally confused as I'm sure it was at the time, with nobody knowing what the heck was going on...I had fun with the rock work and ground area trying to replicate what I've seen in photos of the New Mexico terrain and ...I figured the local reporter would be the first on the scene trying to get the 'scoop' (probably got a lift from the Captain) and the fact is even with the military presence, everyone on the scene would be too jazzed about what was happening to care...the captain (in brown) is standing there bewildered holding a piece of 'weather balloon'...everyone ,at that moment, in their own little world of discovery,confusion and duty ... It's easy to get lost in this kit...I had a Great time building this Roswell scene and of course with a Dio, you're telling a story...I hope I conveyed the idea of confusion and bewilderment of that moment in time...everyone reacting to a very extrordinary set of circumstances...
Mcdee:wave:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are you located Mark? Maybe I'll leave High River afterall!

The judging is tough. That's why it's taking me so long. You all built top notch winners and I only have 1,2,&3 places.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I must have been in a fog. How did I miss this? Well, good luck to all entries!
Who knows this just might catch on and there could be more contests, when I was a kid and bought most of my Aurora Monster Models at the local 'Smoke Shop' he sponsored a contest every month... 1st Prize was anything you wanted off the 10 cent rack...Man that was cool:thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
There were certainly some good entries in this contest.:thumbsup:
Good luck to everyone and thanks Trevor for putting this together...

MMM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts