Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw these at TRU - what is everyone who has seen them's opinion?? I was diappointed as they seem to be close to the cars but they are very small in scale ven though they say 1/64th scale. It is too bad, especially with the trucks as Funline has their TRUCKIN series which everyone says is big and IS actually true 1/64th scale yet none of these pieces are based on them.

They seem a little spendy too at $4.99 per kit.

Opinions????????

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
As much as I like to watch the "custom" shows (Monster Garage, Am Chopper, Great Biker Build Off, etc.) The die-cast really doesn't interest me too much. Yes, some are cool, but I wouldn't buy one. Am Chopper really went off the deep end with the I,Robot bike. HUH? The tribute bikes and nice customs were great, but I,Robot? I guess they'll get millions for it, so more power to them.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I just saw these at TRU too and it didn't grab me, so I didn't buy it....and at $4.99...definitely not..better money spent on JL Military Muscle! :)

R

·
0 Posts
i thought i would like them when i heard about them. i saw them today too and passed them up. first they are too pricey. second, they didn't seem all that appealing. I bought some regular issue cars instead. a big flop if you ask me!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The only one Id buy, and one of the episodes of that show Ive watched, they didnt do yet, the Old School build off 54 Chevy, Ill pass on the ones out now.
The scale on the Truckin series is perfect, they used them in the JJ series too, messed up on the cars though, the 57 Handyman wagon looks tiny, the other 2 cars look huge.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I Want Jesse To Move On Now !

JUST WISH THE FUNLINE/ACTION COMPANY WOULD GO BACK TO MAKING THE ORIGINAL LINE OF 1/64's ......... THERE ARE SOME NEW CASTINGS COMING OUT, AND A FEW MORE PLANNED TO COME OUT THIS YEAR, BUT THE COMPANY WASTED A LOTTA TIME ON THIS KIND FOOLISHNESS !

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
saw the kits at T.R.U. and now am seeing the regular, already built non-kits at K Mart...and guess what...they ain't goin nowhere... don't think any have been bought yet...

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I bought one of each. Very creative diecasts, even if I never watch the show. They kind of remind me of "Transformers" in a way. And when they go on clearance, I'll pick up a few extras of the Mustang and Lincoln limo for customizing purposes.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I bought these because I like the concept of the show, even though I've never seen it (no cable). I think they're all well done except the firetruck limo which is someone else's old, way too small casting. Listen everybody JUST PICK A SCALE AND STICK WITH IT!!! Jeez, is that so hard?? :mad:

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
1. '94 Ford Explorer garbage truck
2. '96 Lincoln Town Car limo firetruck
3. '00 Volkswagen New Beetle swamp buggy
4. '90 Ford Mustang 5.0 lawnmower
5. '96 Chevy Impala SS Zamboni
6. '84 Porsche 944 golf ball collector
7. '73 Miller Meteor Cadillac Hearse car crusher (crushed)
8. '89 Ford school bus pontoon boat
9. '98 Chevy P-1000 Mac Tools van parts deliverer
10. '95 Geo Tracker hot air balloon
11. '97 Ford F-150 tree shaker
12. '02 Dodge Intrepid stock car street sweeper
13. '83 Ford Ambulance wheelstander
14. '02 Chrysler PT Cruiser wood chipper
15. '03 Mini Cooper snowmobile
16. '94 Chevy Suburban wedding chapel
17. '90 Mazda RX-7 convertible dune buggy
18. '87 Winnebago Itasca/Suncruiser Jones Soda skate ramp
19. '66 Woody Gilmore front-engine slingshot dragster hot dog cart
20. '68 Ford Bronco rock crawler
21. '70 Cadillac Coupe Deville demolition derby car
22. '03 Toyota Tundra motorcycle launcher
23. '70 Ford Ranchero mechanical bull
24. '73 Chevy Corvette mud racer
25. '80 Kayot Pontoon shark observation boat
26. '98 Ford Crown Victoria doughnut shop
27. '71 Chevy El Camino SS figure 8 car
28. '98 Mercedes Benz ML320 handicapped vehicle
29. '82 DeLorean DMC 12 hovercraft (crushed)
30. '54 Cadillac Superior Hearse grave digger
31. '04 Cadillac Escalade ESV tailgating vehicle
32. '99 Reynard Indy car street line painter
33. '03 Chevy Monte Carlo figure 8 car remote control car
34. '72 Peterbuilt trike
35. '86 Pontiac Firebird Santa float
36. '03 Toyota Celica jet car
37. '04 Ultra Shadow Pickle-Fork Jet Boat hot rod
38. '88 International U-Haul truck wrestling ring
39. '54 Chevy Old School lowrider
40. '04 Scion Xa (crushed) and Scion Xb Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Scions
41. '81 Cadillac Fleetwood dragster
42. '92 Mazda Miata watercraft- crushed
43. '01 Toyota Tundra gorilla hauler
44. '05 Dodge Magnum RT Hemi train
45. '88 Chevy Blazer Pikes Peak racer
46. '63 International Harvester Western States Fire Pumper brewery
47. 1969 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow toilet cleaner

Here's all the cars to date. There's quite a few of these I'd like to pick up if they were available. So far #1, 2, 4, 8, 11, and 16 have been made available. I'd love to see all but a few get made. After digging through the Discovery Channel's site to find out all the cars used to date, I saw what happened to that poor DeLorean. OUCH!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts