Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some guidance in this area, I am foreign to the "model" business. Recently I was given a Flying Sub model from a friend and am looking to see if anyone can give me some tips on where to sell it, and how much to ask for it. It was manufactured by Monogram in 1995 and is still sealed and in perfect condition.....

If anyone can pass me some helpful information, I would really really appreciate the help! Thank you!!

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
There are currently 9 or 10 listed on e-bay, the prices range from $25. to $130. for an unopened kit. You can either list it there or list it here in the Hobbytalk Model Swap and Sell thread.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
looking at actual sold, sealed, Monogram FS kits on eBay they range from $22 to $35 tops. Its not particularly rare and with the newer Moebius kit out, there is less demand than there was when this was the only FS kit.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
Last time Monogram issued it, I bought about 5, swearing I'd never be without a FS kit again! :)

Only built one of them.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
Nice stand!

Mine:
http://www.inpayne.com/models/flyingsub.html

This is actually the Tsukuda release. Before Monogram repopped the kit in the US, Tsukuda of Japan contracted for a run. So Monogram molded the kits in the US, shipped them to Japan, where Tsukuda boxed them up. I then bought two from HobbyLink Japan at $36 each and they were shipped back to me in the US. :freak:

A couple years later monogram re-released them at $14. :freak: :freak:

What was the original Aurora release, 98 cents?

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
What was the original Aurora release, 98 cents?
Sounds about right.:)
In the 60's everything seemed really cheap.
My kit is from the 70's, I think... the box is long gone. I gave it a face lift & paint job 3 years ago- the windows were totally yellowed & too small anyway.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have two of them, one sealed. Found the sealed one at the LHS after they bought a collection from someone. I even have one of Gil's floors for this one, I wanted to light one up before the Mobius kit came along. Paid $15 for the kit there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts