Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
As I'm scrolling through the pics I'm thinking what a nice job you did, it looks great. Then you hit us with the Zinger. That takes the cake! I love Zinger customs having done many of them myself. I enjoy seeing the oddball Zinger. Great job on the Monkeemobile! (both of them).

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Excellent resto job... One of my all-time favorites... That's the Corgi version and you did a wonderful job on it... Keep it loud and proud... I seen one of those sell for $250.00 at the 2010 convention in Las Vegas and it did not look 1/2 as good as yours !!!
AWESOME CAR !!!

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Thanks Stangfreak. You mentioned a convention in Vegas. What convention would this be?

Super Convention of 2010 !!!

Had a royal blast... Going again to this one in Tennessee in about two weeks too !!!

There was a dude in the Circus-Circus Hotes had 4 original Corgis for sale... He was asking $200.00 each except for the Monkey Mobile, that was $250.00, and ha got it... He ended up selling all to one man for a total of $600.00... He bought the Monkey Mobile first for the $250.00 and came back and bought the James Bond 007 Aston Martin, the Batmobile, and Kojack's Buick for another $350.00... All were mint in the original packages too...

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Just had to check this sucka out again... I am so very impressed with how spectacular that baby looks... I have a loose JL one and a JL in the package, I think I'm gonna pull a wheel swap on the loose one... What wheels did you use ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The wheels would have been from a Johnny Lightning car. I can't remember which one. I would have Googled photos of the Monkeemobile (season one) and then found the closest looking ones in scale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts