Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The track is in Catskill NY, small dirt oval. I am looking for interest in doing a monthly money race[ $50 ] . I am hopeing to get some replies about interest, and what night most feel would be good. Fri nights are out cause we race 358 mod's at Accord. I would need someone with a scoring system. The track is already wired to attach to computer. Lights are set up for night racing if need be. Sponsors are very welcome so maybe top 3 in A main will recieve awards. I would like to start in May. E-mail me at [email protected]
make subject RC Race so I don't spam you out.
Thanks Team21 Speedway
Bill Lutes 821 3544 cell or 678 9653 hm.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dirty , NO , it's not the old track in Cobleskill. CDRCSCC , has come down several times at the end of each dirt season to to include this track as part of their quad serieis. 4 diff tracks.
I am in the town of Catskill NY on Rte. 23A. Near the old Catskill Game Farm.
Everyone loves this little clay oval [ 72 ft. groove ] Todd Putnam, Chris Lorett, Vic, Mike Watson, The Hauenstiens, Kirt Coonrad, and many others have all come to play and love the track. It's a driver track that doesn't require lots of HP.
Hope this helps.
Bill

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Oh. OK. Would you run weekly as well, or just monthly money races?
What cars work good? Our track in New Milford CT. runs all converted buggies EDM. Ths smaller the track is, the better. I hate big tracks that are just a 4 minute dyno test of motors & batteries.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dirty
This would be monthly only because I own 2 358 dirt modifieds that eat up all my time. EDM buggies are fine, but the terminators and custom works work very well. We usually run 5 min heats and could pick a number of laps for the mains. Fri nights are out for me because that's the night we race 358's. I am waiting for some input to try and find out what day or night is best for all.
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Todd
I think your right, I'm hoping the weather will help out to let me hear from true dirt racers. Come on now $50 big ones. Who has the lamb chops to show what they got ?
I also have raffle tickets from Woodstock Harley for a 2008 Road King. $10 per ticket, 3600 tickets will be sold. Gotta be in it to win it, just like the money race.
Pit space can be worked out as usual, plenty of room in the neighbors house. I am still working on a scoring system. I asked Kirt, but haven't heard back yet. Anyone know of a working system cheap? remember my brother and I own 2 358 mod's, that's where all the $$$ is spent. still looking for the best day of each month to have these races. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW ? Let me hear some input please.
Todd, will the new house car be ready to compete for the monthly race's ? I got a new body for it but can't mount it till I have it. Any question's give me a call on my cell 518-821-3544
Thanks Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rocket
Not sure who you are, but good to hear from you. Yeh, we are just about ready for Accord as a 2 ar team. Bill Papula will drive our 99 Teo and John Lutes Jr. will wheel the 2002 Teo. Not much time left to get ready, but we'll make it. Lots of late nights since it's just john and I doing all the work. Jr has now been helping when he can.
Catskill is about a 45 min ride from Accord by car. E- mail me at [email protected]
What are you running for a RC. We run converted buggies [ B3's , custom works , Putnam pro's, Terminators ] all electric. We will be only tooo happy to help you out if your interesrted.
I live only min'sfrom the Catskill Game Farm if you ever been there.
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rocket
The track is small but fast. 72 ft. race groove. We run 5 min heats. Any lay down brush stock motor, again Todd Putnam is the man for power plants. 6 cell 3300 and up.I live in a mobile home park and the track is next to the house. I do have lights that light it up just fine in the event of night racing. The clay is very good high bite clay. Foams work best. I am still running 15 yr old foam. I run B frt's and A rears. I think they are diff compounds now, ask Todd or someone else for this info. I only play when some of you guys want to come over and do it up. Get some buddies together for a sunday and we'll play. I have 2 house cars that get around fine I lend out. NOT TO BREAK.
Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bonzi
It would be nice to have you. All are welcome. Please keep the post coming as I am trying to figure out which will be the best day to try for. I am still looking for a used scoring system that works at a fair price, so if anyone knows of a system with transponders please let me know. The system must be in working condition. 518-678-9653
Bill

·
Registered
350 Posts
Bill
why dont you call Howie from latham maybe he will loan you his scoring system.as far as i know there not using theirs and the charging of the transponders would prob do them good.

Bob H

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK , I have asked for a day all felt to be a good day and can't get any input soooo I am going with Sat the 19th or Sun the 20th of May as the first money race. there will be a $5.00 entry fee due on race day. Anyone wanting to show up any ohter time will get practice or play laps at will. Please call first. 518 821 3544 or 518 678 9653
I called John at Comp Hobbies to check up on a score system. He said he would talk to Howie and let him know I'm interested. If anyone talks to Howie let him know I am interested and to please call me.
Bill

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.