Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,123 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
6,573 Posts
Couldn't seem to get anything finished for the last three months, but I finally declared this one done. As I say, though, figures are not my thing...
Maybe not, but you're far better at painting flesh tones than I am and I've been trying for nearly 50 years. Or maybe you're just disappointed because there weren't as many opportunities to weather the parts like your military aircraft kits. :D Regardless, nice work!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hm, interesting that his boots and jacket look blue in the pics. They're Tamiya purple! I'll have to adjust the color balance when I put him on my website.

·
Super Moderator
24,510 Posts
Hm, interesting that his boots and jacket look blue in the pics. They're Tamiya purple! I'll have to adjust the color balance when I put him on my website.
The boots and jacket look blue to me as well. It might be the flash saturartion causing the red to wash out of the purple. :confused:

Wow, I have been looking at threads on my tablet at the same time and the boots and jacket are even bluer there!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this is certainly a new problem.

I did up my presentation page in the meantime, so maybe going to the site itself will solve the problem:

Sinbad by Monarch Models

I also color-corrected the pics towards the purple. I shoot with a 4-light photo flood setup with the camera set for indoor light. It usually needs a little kick toward the blue in post, but this time I needed to add red to get the purple right. The green background paper may have had something to do with I - I notice it often causes green light spill. Maybe I should have used my purple paper, but I wanted to contrast the vest. It's always a learning process.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I do like your paint job on that model!

You might want to put a flat black dot on the upper flat oval of tha lamp- that should be the opening where the flame comes out...

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I'd never really taken a good look at that kit before, and I hadn't realized it had a severed arm with it. In bosso's version, there's no question who sliced it off. In John P's version, it looks like Sinbad just came upon this possibly dangerous area. Do you suppose that's Aladdin's lamp in his hand?

Both are very different interpretations of the same scene. I think I prefer the color scheme John P used for Sinbad himself, while I really like bosso's stone work colors better.

Both works are excellent!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts