Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Holy crap Revelo, your second post and you're already my hero. I NEED several Nosferatus. Already have an idea for embelishment.
Dabbler

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
COOL!!!

This one is definite sepia tone paint project fer sure and for those of us who are not very comfortable with painting skin tones and the like....this kit should be a tad easier.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Have we been told a suggested /approximate price on this yet ? Not that it matters much. Also have they taken pre-orders yet ? If so I don't remember if I did or not. DOH !

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
AHAAAA Classic Aurora style and base. Only a better likeness than most Auroras! I likes it, yes i do. :thumbsup: Hope they might be available at WF...Otto

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Has there been anything posted about pre-orders or sales yet, or did I miss them. I want to order. ( gads, I may have already but forgot ?? :confused: )

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
According to the website Nosferatu should be available in June sometime. The only preorders I have seen are through the link below (stevens) but I have not done much searching yet. Does anyone else have any info?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not to be a sick in the mud but the arms look off. The cuff is too long for starters and it makes the arms look way too short in relation to the rest of the coat. Check production photos or stills from the film. He could also loose the neck and look much better. Nothing a little putty can't fix. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited and look forward to picking a few of these up.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Well,comments are always welcomed by the manufacturers.Could be the angle of the picture taken that gives that impression.Unless I am mistaken,the fingers must reach the crotch level,if you will pardon my french,in order to be considered normal.If not,elongating the arms could would be easy.A cut to the upper arms and forearms,then building on those gaps would be the solution.Easy enough to do.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I have the movie on DVD and I don't see a problem with the kit. The right arm is in foreshortened perspective and the left is crooked at the elbow and wrist, so it looks fine to me.
Just gimme the darned kit(s) !!
Dabbler

·
Registered
10 Posts
The cuffs seem to vary in length depending on the photo I guess. Perhaps two versions of the jacket were used in filming?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Keep in mind this is an early 1920's interpretation of a much earlier fashion style. Back in the days when people ( even wierd Counts, I guess ) kept kerchiefs and other items in their cuffs, their was no central heating and people were wrapped in their clothing to the neck for warmth....Yad yada. yada...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts