Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks great, Murph! Do you have some greens going on it the stonework? I just got back into modeling when the Moebius Bride was announced. I knew I'd have to build this kit. And the Monarch Nosferatu was another kit I had to find. I managed to track one down at a hobby shop in California. I think it may have been the last one left in the free world! At least when I finally found it that's the way it felt. Is the one you're building the regular version or the Frightening Lightning version? If it's the glow version are the regular parts included with the kit as well? I haven't opened mine yet.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Capt! Yes, there is a nice mossy green wash on the stonework. I built both a glow and a non-glow version, but the Frightening Lightning kit come with the non-glow parts (as did the Aurora kits of yore). You are going to love putting this together. A deleriously fun sculpt!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well, yeah, it's a Yagher, isn't it? So when I build it I'll use the non-glow parts.

Are you still working on this kit? Did I miss something or aren't there any photos of the Nosferatu figure yet? And did you just buy the kit recently or has it been on your shelf for years?

·
Registered
287 Posts
:thumbsup:
Really like the different shades of gray, especially on the back wall. What type of wash did you use for the "mossy" effect? Monarch has given us some great kits! I will be following this one as well as the Ghost you're working on for the community build!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm finished with the kit, and will [valiently attempt to] post pics later.

The "mossy" wash was a watered down Ceramcoat Yew Green.

Thanks for looking and for the encouragement.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent aging on the base!
I look forward to seeing the completed kit...

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
As everyone else said Murph, great looking job on the base for old Nossie. I built this kit a couple of years ago and won a second place at a Florida contest a couple of years ago with it. It really is an excellent kit as are all of Monarch's kits so far. Now we just need to get Mr. McKillop to get some of his other kits out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts