Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I doubt anyone from Pegasus will be there either - nothing listed on the Wonderfest website of them having a table or display.
Yeah. They haven't been there in a few years.

I miss the old days when we had Atlantis, Moebius, Monarch, and Pegasus there.
Hell, one year we even had Revell there.

At least we still have Round2

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick.....Scott's posted a mystery picture of what looks possibly like a part of a new kit (link at the beginning of this thread).

Looks to me like the deck of an old Galleon with a jagged edge. Shipwreck and ghostly pirate perhaps?

·
Curmudgeon
6,573 Posts
It could be, or it could simply be a section of a wood floor in just about any old building. I think it's safe to say it will be a base for something.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Looks like I could be wrong and as someone on there points out it could be an updated Mt Hyde as I've just compared it to the Aurora kit and there's an obvious similarity.

If it is then to be honest I wonder why as the old kit's not bad at all and there's plenty of other subjects that could be done.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
With all these teases...and still no product, this tread should be renamed, as the "back" part is somewhat misleading.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Well that part looks like a finished styrene piece {which is why I bothered to bump up the thread) but god knows if and when we'll find out what it is. It's probably the Fly after reading some of those comments on there though.

·
Curmudgeon
6,573 Posts
Well that part looks like a finished styrene piece {which is why I bothered to bump up the thread) but god knows if and when we'll find out what it is...
On my monitor it looks like a computer generated image of a prototype part. And as-is it's generic enough for Mr. McKillop to use for almost any figure kit, or maybe more than one kit.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
On my monitor it looks like a computer generated image of a prototype part. And as-is it's generic enough for Mr. McKillop to use for almost any figure kit, or maybe more than one kit.

Could be. I've looked at a few pictures from the original Fly movie but the ones I've found don't have a floor like that (in the lab anyway). I know the floor looks similar to the old Aurora Jekyll but it still looks shippy and shipwreckky to me (I've invented 2 new words there:grin2:)

·
Curmudgeon
6,573 Posts
Could be. I've looked at a few pictures from the original Fly movie but the ones I've found don't have a floor like that (in the lab anyway). I know the floor looks similar to the old Aurora Jekyll but it still looks shippy and shipwreckky to me (I've invented 2 new words there:grin2:)
I agree it looks like the planking on the deck of an old sailing ship, but I'm not clever enough to figure out which movie/television/literature character would require a base like that so I'm trying to think of alternative uses instead. :D

·
Oxidation Genius
31,120 Posts
What the flooring looks like only matters if the guy designing or sculpting the kit knows that it matters. For all we know, it's just a generic wood floor to him.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'll be thrilled if we have it a year from now, but won't be biting my nails if we don't. Given the current trade tensions with China and the economic upswing, meaning other, bigger companies are competing for production time, a small company like Monarch is going to be waiting in line behind Hasbro and the like.

I think.
I posted the above one week shy of a year ago. Seems like a good time to say it again. Anyone who thinks this little wooden floor and everything that goes with it will be under his Christmas tree in 2019 is going to be cussing Monarch in January. Scott's plans are changing but the product will be fantastic when it's available.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I posted the above one week shy of a year ago. Seems like a good time to say it again. Anyone who thinks this little wooden floor and everything that goes with it will be under his Christmas tree in 2019 is going to be cussing Monarch in January. Scott's plans are changing but the product will be fantastic when it's available.

So we should at least have whatever it is in about 2050.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
That is why I treat all Monarch stuff the same.
I don't really worry about what is said, or posted. Sure, I'll read it, but I don't get excited.
Once it is shipping, is when I get excited.

I love everything Scott does, but I also know he has bigger aspirations, than he has time to follow through on. So when it happens, cool! But until then, I barely let it register on my radar.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts