Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I can't pretend I'm that enthusiastic about the moonsuit but it's good to hear there's progress on a new tooling. Don't know what else is planned but it'll still probably be another long wait for whatever it is.

I want some more monsters and creepy stuff. I hope Pegasus still does the Fly though so Monarch can do something else.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Pegasus Reissues

I can't pretend I'm that enthusiastic about the moonsuit but it's good to hear there's progress on a new tooling. Don't know what else is planned but it'll still probably be another long wait for whatever it is.

I want some more monsters and creepy stuff. I hope Pegasus still does the Fly though so Monarch can do something else.
I'm anxious ton see what else (figure kit wise, besides the Revell Angel Fink and Mr. Gasser) Pegasus will be reissuing.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm anxious ton see what else (figure kit wise, besides the Revell Angel Fink and Mr. Gasser) Pegasus will be reissuing.

I'm fairly sure they were supposed to be doing a new tool Fly in plastic taking over where Moebius left off and a larger one in resin. Or Moebius were going to do them and they've been cancelled by Pegasus. Pegasus have been quiet for a while now on any new figure/monster kits. Plus of course their recent ones have been in vinyl not styrene.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm fairly sure they were supposed to be doing a new tool Fly in plastic taking over where Moebius left off and a larger one in resin. Or Moebius were going to do them and they've been cancelled by Pegasus. Pegasus have been quiet for a while now on any new figure/monster kits. Plus of course their recent ones have been in vinyl not styrene.

Actually, Pegasus has been quiet about any new kits, from them or Moebius, for a while now. The last 3 Moebius kits (Discovery, EVA Pod, Kelvin), were all developed before Frank sold the company, if my understanding is correct. It's be over a year now since Pegasus purchased Moebius and they have: a) not announced any new tool kits, b) have not updated the Moebius website except for new address/email info (Discovery, EVA Pod, Kelvin are not listed for example), c) only update the Pegasus Facebook page with R/C stuff and d) have taken down the Moebius Facebook page. On the CultTVman website, with the exception of a Wonder Woman figure kit, all other Moebius kits are listed as "status unknown". To me, it doesn't sound good for Moebius. Maybe Pegasus will surprise us during Wonderfest, but if not, I suspect that Moebius is one for the history books.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It can take a while to chew and then swallow a big mouthful like that..........give it some time.

I too am not real enthused about the moonsuit but if it was sitting there right in front of me quietly whispering 'buy me' I know what the answer would most likely be.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Actually, Pegasus has been quiet about any new kits, from them or Moebius, for a while now. The last 3 Moebius kits (Discovery, EVA Pod, Kelvin), were all developed before Frank sold the company, if my understanding is correct. It's be over a year now since Pegasus purchased Moebius and they have: a) not announced any new tool kits, b) have not updated the Moebius website except for new address/email info (Discovery, EVA Pod, Kelvin are not listed for example), c) only update the Pegasus Facebook page with R/C stuff and d) have taken down the Moebius Facebook page. On the CultTVman website, with the exception of a Wonder Woman figure kit, all other Moebius kits are listed as "status unknown". To me, it doesn't sound good for Moebius. Maybe Pegasus will surprise us during Wonderfest, but if not, I suspect that Moebius is one for the history books.

I'd be surprised though if after being sold the name they wouldn't use it. They must have had all the toolings too.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'd be surprised though if after being sold the name they wouldn't use it. They must have had all the toolings too.
Pegasus is currently selling Moebius kits. In fact, they reissued some kits that had been out of production, like the Frankenstein kit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, so don't quote me, but, unless they continue to produce new kits under the Moebius name, I think that the main reason they purchased Moebius was to have more product to sell AND to make sure their competitors didn't get the Moebius kits. Monogram did the same thing back in the 70's, they purchased Aurora not so much for their kits (although they did reissue a few), but to make sure their competitors, i.e. Revell (which was a separate company at the time), wouldn't get them. Originally, they may have wanted to continue producing new Moebius kits, but after a year+ of silence, things might have changed. Heck, Pegasus hasn't produced anything new under their name in a while.

Of course, at Wonderfest, Pegasus may surprise use with new release announcements for both the Pegasus and Moebius brands. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Or, maybe they create some small added value pieces like on the C-57D later issues to get people to buy new releases of the same basic kit. Much less cost that way in the short term.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Or, maybe they create some small added value pieces like on the C-57D later issues to get people to buy new releases of the same basic kit. Much less cost that way in the short term.

That's definitely a good way to go, lot's of companies do it. Some, like Hasegawa, just include a new decal sheet, double the price and call it a limited edition! Moebius could, for instance, add parts for a Flying Sub in their 1/350 Seaview kit and maybe a nicer stand. Whatever Pegasus decides to do, I hope that the Moebius line continues with new releases at some point.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Doesn't Moebius ALREADY include both the flying sub and mini-sub in that kit? Mine did.

Maybe they created a new kit at cheaper price by doing exactly the opposite, or taking them out..........

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Doesn't Moebius ALREADY include both the flying sub and mini-sub in that kit? Mine did.

Maybe they created a new kit at cheaper price by doing exactly the opposite, or taking them out..........

They include it in the larger 1/128 kit, not the smaller 1/350 kit that I mentioned.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Pegasus is currently selling Moebius kits. In fact, they reissued some kits that had been out of production, like the Frankenstein kit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, so don't quote me, but, unless they continue to produce new kits under the Moebius name, I think that the main reason they purchased Moebius was to have more product to sell AND to make sure their competitors didn't get the Moebius kits. Monogram did the same thing back in the 70's, they purchased Aurora not so much for their kits (although they did reissue a few), but to make sure their competitors, i.e. Revell (which was a separate company at the time), wouldn't get them. Originally, they may have wanted to continue producing new Moebius kits, but after a year+ of silence, things might have changed. Heck, Pegasus hasn't produced anything new under their name in a while.

Of course, at Wonderfest, Pegasus may surprise use with new release announcements for both the Pegasus and Moebius brands. Fingers crossed!

I wonder if Monarch might announce something there too? Mind you....probably not knowing Monarch.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I wonder if Monarch might announce something there too? Mind you....probably not knowing Monarch.

Well, Monarch is a one man show, and that man is a doctor if I recall correctly, so I'd be surprised if he'd show up at Wonderfest. Pleasantly surprised that is!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I doubt anyone from Pegasus will be there either - nothing listed on the Wonderfest website of them having a table or display.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts