Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I LOVE MONARCH. Damn, what a great company.

I'm working on the Nosferatu this afternoon. The best 'Aurora' style long box figure kit ever made by someone not Aurora.

They should make 'It, the Terror from Beyond Space', AKA - the movie 'Alien' was based on. Saw it when I was five and it scared the hell outa me.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Um ... I'm pretty sure the sculpture for the next Monarch kit doesn't even exist yet ...

But what abous this.........

The tooling is being done for this kit another mystery kit and he already has tooling done for another kit also.
He told me the tooling will all be done before the end of August.
So he's aiming on only announcing kits that are in production and will turn around within 4- 6 months of announcement … Some will be announced when he actually has the kits in hand !
...All Kits are Styrene !

Unless I've got something wrong?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I can't swear that I'm certain, but I don't believe the "mystery" sculpture is finished yet. The Witch Doctor, as he exists, is a trial run with the digital sculptor to see how that process works out, Scott says. Last I heard, he's happy with the results and prepared to move forward. But my pure speculation is that we won't see anything in plastic for quite some time.

I'll be thrilled if we have it a year from now, but won't be biting my nails if we don't. Given the current trade tensions with China and the economic upswing, meaning other, bigger companies are competing for production time, a small company like Monarch is going to be waiting in line behind Hasbro and the like.

I think.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I can't swear that I'm certain, but I don't believe the "mystery" sculpture is finished yet. The Witch Doctor, as he exists, is a trial run with the digital sculptor to see how that process works out, Scott says. Last I heard, he's happy with the results and prepared to move forward. But my pure speculation is that we won't see anything in plastic for quite some time.

I'll be thrilled if we have it a year from now, but won't be biting my nails if we don't. Given the current trade tensions with China and the economic upswing, meaning other, bigger companies are competing for production time, a small company like Monarch is going to be waiting in line behind Hasbro and the like.

I think.

Hmm. I don't really know what to say there as those words made it sound like things were moving along fast. I hope we haven't got another looooooonnng wait.

The Witch Doctor looks cool (I can see why he chose that as it can work as a stand alone kit and for Phantom fans) and it would be great if that Cyclops was done as it was not only a great sculpt, subject and caused a lot of excitement on here but it would go well with Sinbad in the Myths series.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
So, whatever happened to "Monarch is back"? Last post is 8 months ago and still no kits, at least as far as I know. Is Monarch coming back?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Not silent on Facebook, particularly the group called Friends Who Like Monarch Model Co., Inc. Tooling is under way on the Moon Suit. It'll still be a while before the kits are manufactured and in stores, but there has been substantial progress toward making it happen.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not silent on Facebook, particularly the group called Friends Who Like Monarch Model Co., Inc. Tooling is under way on the Moon Suit. It'll still be a while before the kits are manufactured and in stores, but there has been substantial progress toward making it happen.

Thanks for the update, but I would suggest that info should get posted here too, since not everyone uses or wants to use Facebook.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I get what you're saying but that's not my call. Just letting you know where the substantial conversation, with input from Monarch's owner, is happening. Denis has been kind enough to carry the conversation back to Hobby Talk but he's had much more urgent business to take care of the past few months.

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
I get what you're saying but that's not my call. Just letting you know where the substantial conversation, with input from Monarch's owner, is happening. Denis has been kind enough to carry the conversation back to Hobby Talk but he's had much more urgent business to take care of the past few months.
Can you perhaps keep us updated - on his behalf? :lurk5:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sorry, I learned a decade ago that it's not always good for my mental health to act as go-between on Monarch news. I'd get excited and share speculation about some release date or other, then people would get fired up when it didn't happen. Check back a page or two here to see an example of confusion about the witch doctor. Nowadays, unless I know something for certain (such as the Moon Suit tooling progress) I prefer to keep my fingers off the keyboard.

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
Sorry, I learned a decade ago that it's not always good for my mental health to act as go-between on Monarch news. I'd get excited and share speculation about some release date or other, then people would get fired up when it didn't happen. Check back a page or two here to see an example of confusion about the witch doctor. Nowadays, unless I know something for certain (such as the Moon Suit tooling progress) I prefer to keep my fingers off the keyboard.
We cant ask for anythong more than that....

·
Registered
619 Posts
Post anything you want us to know and then drop the subject (lock the door) until more shows up. The ones here who are adults understand that, and the children? Just let them cry as they will, they will eat up your response and go back to crying, it's a DNA thing. Nobody can stop that.

I was the oldest of 6 and you can guess who the dang babysitter was. No mental health issue here, I KNOW I'm not all there and life is good.

Most of my modeling work was while surrounded by little kids, a lot of it was eccentric but it was inspired as well.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts