Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Poor little guy..........

......................just one little leaf to cover up with.

I thought he was the voodoo guy from The Phantom kit. After finding pics of it, I realized I was wrong. Who is that little guy?

btw Had Monarch closed up shop for awhile? If so, is the same guy (or are the same people) involved in Monarch's return?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Scott McKillop owns Monarch and he's decided to do a few more kits

This kit is a 1/8 version of The Phantom kit Witch Doctor...
Denis

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
My eyes almost popped out of my skull when I saw this thread title yesterday.:surprise:

That witch doctor looks interesting but it's a surprising subject seeing as there's the one in the Phantom kit though. I hope if they really are back and running again they do that Cyclops.

So are we talking new plastic kits like before?

·
Curmudgeon
6,573 Posts
...That witch doctor looks interesting but it's a surprising subject seeing as there's the one in the Phantom kit though...
I picked up Atlantis' reissue of the Phantom and the Voodoo Witch Doctor kit just to get the little Witch Doctor figure. With this one being larger and more detailed, as long as it's produced in styrene I'll definitely be getting one.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I picked up Atlantis' reissue of the Phantom and the Voodoo Witch Doctor kit just to get the little Witch Doctor figure. With this one being larger and more detailed, as long as it's produced in styrene I'll definitely be getting one.

Well styrene is what got people excited in Monarch. A new plastic kit manufacturer doing figure/monster kits. I'm sitting here admiring the sprues of Gorgo and my unbuilt Sinbad kit (I got 2 Sinbad kits and saved the one with the more colours building the other one).

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are brand new boxes, of the MOTM Wolfman kit ,
the one that has never been repopped.

he has these boxes in hand and has been selling them since yesterday
and a lot of guys are buying them up.

The pictures of the Witch Doctor kit suck but that's just the concept done on a 3D printer. There are mods already being tooled and this should be a great stand alone kit !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchModelGroup/?multi_permalinks=820449204799836&notif_id=1533397777054971&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic_tagged

The tooling is being done for this kit another mystery kit and he already has tooling done for another kit also.
He told me the tooling will all be done before the end of August.
So he's aiming on only announcing kits that are in production and will turn around within 4- 6 months of announcement … Some will be announced when he actually has the kits in hand !
...All Kits are Styrene !

Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Message and info from Scott McKillop

Dear Friends, Just for fun, Monarch created 100 reproduction boxes for your MOTM Wolfman. There won't be a second printing. Made by the professional printers of Monarch Monsters, to the exact production standards of the vintage boxes with 24pt card stock and aqueous coating. Pricing $20 USD plus shipping world wide. Shipped flat in a 11x14 photo mailer. - Sincerely, Scott, former assistant to the night manager at Monarch Model Co., Inc.
Weight = 157gm (1box) and 199gm (two boxes)
Flat rate shipping all in USD
USA = $5
Canada = $3
UK, AU = $8
Everywhere else on this flat Earth= $8
Payment via Paypal
[email protected]
And I will post on FB, something new, just for a sneak peek in the Mad Labs at Monarch. My way to say "Thank you, come again!" Stay tuned dear Friends!

The Monarch heart still beats.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
These are brand new boxes, of the MOTM Wolfman kit ,
the one that has never been repopped.

he has these boxes in hand and has been selling them since yesterday
and a lot of guys are buying them up.

The pictures of the Witch Doctor kit suck but that's just the concept done on a 3D printer. There are mods already being tooled and this should be a great stand alone kit !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchModelGroup/?multi_permalinks=820449204799836&notif_id=1533397777054971&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic_tagged

The tooling is being done for this kit another mystery kit and he already has tooling done for another kit also.
He told me the tooling will all be done before the end of August.
So he's aiming on only announcing kits that are in production and will turn around within 4- 6 months of announcement … Some will be announced when he actually has the kits in hand !
...All Kits are Styrene !

Denis

Certainly sounds interesting. I must admit I did have an inkling that we'd hear from Monarch again and maybe Scott didn't really shut Monarch down but has been working on things in secret. If so it was a wise decision as people weren't expecting anything else. I wonder when we'll find out what the other kits are?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Certainly sounds interesting. I must admit I did have an inkling that we'd hear from Monarch again and maybe Scott didn't really shut Monarch down but has been working on things in secret. If so it was a wise decision as people weren't expecting anything else. I wonder when we'll find out what the other kits are?
I suspect it won't be to far off... Like he said in his message : And I will post on FB, something new, just for a sneak peek in the Mad Labs at Monarch.
As soon as I see something I'll post it here, or if anyone sees anything … Post it here :)
I'm glad Monarch is back!
Denis

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I suspect it won't be to far off... Like he said in his message : And I will post on FB, something new, just for a sneak peek in the Mad Labs at Monarch.
As soon as I see something I'll post it here, or if anyone sees anything … Post it here :)
I'm glad Monarch is back!
Denis

I think there's going to be quite a few people who are glad they're back.:grin2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
No, the MOTM Wolfman has never been repopped. As for the boxes, I think he is drumming up interest in Monarch again, only now he is not announcing kits far in advance at all. For my two cents, I wouldn't be surprised if he did repop the Wolfman after all.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Space Suit

I certainly hope that it is in 1/8th scale at least. With possible optional heads like clean shaven guy, guy with beard, an a woman's head as well. With optional numbers from 0 to 9.This way more than one astronaut could be displayed together. This option could increase the sale of space suits because the same modelers could buy more than one Space Suit.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes the Moon suit would be 1/8 scale... great idea about the decals :thumbsup:... and Scott is doing fine.
Denis

1 - 20 of 98 Posts