Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,just in case I've missed a thread anywhere I have to ask...has anyone got any news on Monarch or their Gorgo kit recently,last I recall I had posted that Scott had said something about a delay with the instructions due to an injury of sorts to the chap that was illustrating them,I have tried emailing Scott direct and through the contact page at Monarch's web page but have had no replies what so ever apart from a spam mail link to a rather dodgy site
cheers,Gordon M

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Talked to Scott in July...here's the latest...

Hi Denis
Yes I have finally heard back from Gary and he sure does feel bad about the delay with Gorgo. But he is committed to getting things all wrapped up so that we can get on with other projects.
yes, you’re right. Even if production started today, it takes a few weeks for the kits to get banged out, then they sit and wait for a date on the dock, then the container, then a boat, then the ocean voyage, then the land freight to Toronto, then to me, then to the U.S. distributors, then the hobby dealers to the hobby shelf. My hope is on or before the U.S. thanksgiving that way at least it means a new kit in the 2012 calendar year. Cyclops for 2013. Moon suit for 2014 and onwards. One new kit for every calendar year. Glow kits as an added bonus.

Scott

Denis :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
...My hope is on or before the U.S. thanksgiving that way at least it means a new kit in the 2012 calendar year. Cyclops for 2013. Moon suit for 2014 and onwards. One new kit for every calendar year. Glow kits as an added bonus.
Gorgo by November sounds good to me. 2014 for the moon suit is going to be a long wait! Thankfully, the kits are very good and worth the wait, the most "Aurora" like of all the companies that produce these type of kits IMHO.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Strangely enough I was just about to post a thread asking if there was any news on the Monarch front when I saw this one. As much as I respect Scott and Monarch in general......it's a shame the kits take so long to come out.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Gorgo by November sounds good to me. 2014 for the moon suit is going to be a long wait! Thankfully, the kits are very good and worth the wait, the most "Aurora" like of all the companies that produce these type of kits IMHO.
Agreed 100%! And his kits are SELLING! Seems you cant touch a nossy or ghost for less than $50 on the bay and sinbad cant be far behind (awesome kit!). Glad I got multiples.
Jim

·
Registered
288 Posts
One Man Operation

My understanding is he is basically a one man operation. If that is the case it is no wonder it takes so long for the kits to be produced. But THEY ARE AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If you look at the quality of these models combined with the rarity of thier releases, it makes Monarch kit releases more of an "Event" rather than another kits release

1 - 8 of 8 Posts