Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moleman Finished-AND PIX Posted

Files "too BIG" to post here, will have to put them in my Gallery.
Now what ? "Files too SMALL to enter in Gallery" ?? OK, so take my word for it, it's done !
And why does this one magnify so HUGE ??

Attachments

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Dabbler that looks awesome.I like the base and the name plate and how you did the colors on the Moleman look Excellent :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Awesome work!! I can really dig that!! :lol: (Now ya knew someone here was gonna say that!)

May I ask where a fella can get that kit? It looks really cool.

Huzz

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
very very nice. thats the first time ive seen the eyes with that sort of coloration, and it works. (is there any reference on the eyes from the filming mask, color wise?)

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments guys, it looks better than it shows in that oversized blowup, but I can't get the other pix posted ????
( See above) Can anyone help with that ?
The clothes colors and highlights/wear spots are more subtle in person.

I thought they'd be in caves & dim light hence the light sensitive ( blue) eyes. No other reference was used. The eye-whites and claws are glow-in-the-dark paint. The cave is Durham's Water Putty over an aluminum screen frame. I cast the mushroom heads and nameplate from same, and dowels for stems. Hand lettered the name. I also "adjusted" the legs to give him more of a crouch.
NO, Not crotch, you wierdos !!!
Dabbler

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OH, Dave H.,

I found it on aBait. Just gotta be patient, they pop up every so often. It's the old Sci-Fi-Art Horizon.

Does anyone else besides me think he looks like Zoiburgh (?) from Futurama !!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again guys !! :wave:

Can someone enter the pix in the Gallery for me if I send them out ? I don't know how else to doctor them to fit. :confused:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
lookin' good Dabs . got one of those guys in the kit closet .
now that ya mention it , he does bear a resemblance to Ziodberg lol.
hb

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Real cool Dabbler! Can't help you out with pics. I am in need of getting a couple posted myself real soon so I will probably go through the same thing. That looks like a real nice job on that custom base/cave. Like the mushrooms too. Can't wait to see the other pics!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted a little "finish" to the "leather" coat, but it came out too shiny. I think I'll tone it down some. Maybe Dullcote it.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Haven't checked what's still available in the paint racks in awhile, but Testors used to make a color that was called "Leather." IIRC, it wasn't Model Master, it was from their basic line. Anyway, I've shot that through an airbrush followed by a light topcoat of Testors "Semi Gloss" laquer. Looked pretty convincing...

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Frets, I'll check that out next time I'm out in the world. I don't have Testor's semi-gloss either, I need some. ( I have Dull & Gloss) This was done with some Minwax water polycrylic I had available.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Nice touch on the diorama.Mushrooms and everything else.Great imagination.The diorama almost overshadows the Mole man.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
I just saw the pic that you posted in the photo album....that base looks even nicer than I gave you credit for the first time around! I like the different materials and colors that you used for the diorama. I am beginning to use different materials as well. Just covered a beach scene base I had with some railroad diorama type sand. Turned out well for a first time "more than plastic" assembly.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Duck. The light 'dirt' is Railroad ballast and the dark stuff is dried out, used coffee grounds. Moss is RR scenery too. The rocks I cast from a rubber mold I got from ebait in a package deal with other scenery. I airbrushed the cave in assorted colors. I appreciate your comments.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Gotta give some credit where it is due. Look forward to seeing some of your other stuff as I browse the photo album.....2 years on this site and I have not even really LOOKED! I need to post a few myself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts