Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got around to cracking open one of my Moebuis Hyde kits.I gotta thank Frank at Moebuis for bring this kit back to us.I waited 34yrs for this kit to get reissued and finally it gotten done :) .The kit itself is mold in Brown and comes with clear parts for the tubes and ect.The kit is perfect in everyway and every part fits perfectly :thumbsup: !Moebuis once again Thanks for bringing this kit back to life for us and looking forward to the rest of the kits you will be making! :)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Thanks for providing a pic to look at! It looks like a fun kit. Now the only question that begs to be asked is "How do we get one?" :)

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Good deal Wolfman! I am waiting for the shipment to arrive by boat like most others I believe. Glad to see you got one at Chiller!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duck Fink said:
Good deal Wolfman! I am waiting for the shipment to arrive by boat like most others I believe. Glad to see you got one at Chiller!
Not just one but 4 of them :)

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Thanks for providing a pic to look at! It looks like a fun kit. Now the only question that begs to be asked is "How do we get one?"
Well, my friend, in the next few months, Monster Hobbies will carry them, so if you bookmarked my site, keep a lookout for them, ok?

I'm talking to Frank via E-mail and we're working something out. I'll keep you all posted when I get some and then post my web link again.

Until then....Talk to you all soon!

Trevor Ursulescu
Monster Hobbies.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I just E-mailed Glen at Burbank's House of Hobbies for an update on when the pre-orders will be coming through (which is the only place I knew to take a pre-order when I first heard of these).

Wolfie - thanks for posting and nice pic!

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Frankie Boy said:
Has anyone who preordered through Culttvman got a kit yet?
I just inquired about that 2 days ago with him. He said that there were a few kits airlifted from China for Chiller. The rest are coming on the boat. Mid May was a realistic date that was given to me from Steve. I am anxious for a few of these things too!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AFILMDUDE said:
Wolfman,

Is the head a new sculpt? The original? Or do you get both?
The Moebuis Hyde is exactly the same as the Aurora one and better fitting parts.Frank really went out on bringing this kit back to us when other companies wouldnt.So lets show are Thanks to Moebius by buying a truck load of these kits to add to are collections cause who knows when the next time Mr.hyde will come around again and thanks all for commenting on my review of this Fantastic kit! :thumbsup:

·
Starship Class
11,925 Posts
I've already got 2 Moebius kits on pre-order. Love the obvious quality of this kit and looking forward to even more of his offerings. I also recommend buying his kits and plenty of them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Duck Fink said:
I just inquired about that 2 days ago with him. He said that there were a few kits airlifted from China for Chiller. The rest are coming on the boat. Mid May was a realistic date that was given to me from Steve. I am anxious for a few of these things too!
The curse of having the Internet. Growing up, I only knew about a new kit when I saw it on the shelf at the store. Nowadays, we can get information so far in advance, it makes the waiting time almost unbearable.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I've got 2 pre-ordered from Steve as well. Thanks for the review Dan!!!
Looks to be just like the original but the plastic color is that of the 1969 version.
The original was white plastic.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
How's the reproduction of the cover? Polar Lights reissues had some that were spot on replicas of the Aurora originals, but there were a few where contrast and colors were off...

·
Registered
289 Posts
buzzconroy said:
MMM the original 64 hyde plastic was cream colored like the robin, some glows came in white.

Buzz
My original u.s. issue is white,glow kits were redish brown.Foriegn long box kits were also red brown.

BRIAN

1 - 20 of 44 Posts