Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank made a presentation today about Moebius's upcoming plans for the next year and 2013. He has the license now for the original BSG series and the first product is a Cylon raider (I think, I don't know much about the show). He also will be producing a Herman and Grandpa Munster pair in an original Aurora scale I believe, the prototypes on display were a big larger then the product will be. He also is going to rerelease the classic Forgotten Prisoner kit probably from new tooling but I don't know. The Bride is on the boat and should be on the street within 2-3 weeks. Mars Attacks will be late in the year and there was no models or information about it. He had a raffle and gave away more than a dozen kits, some only in plastic bags, but the top prize was 3 or 4 packaged Bride kits for those lucky ticket holders.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
The BSG-TOS license to me is the real big news- with their attention to detail and accuracy brought to bear on these subjects we will finally see these subjects done right!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thank you for posting those images and giving us the great news about Moebius getting the original Battlestar Galactica license. It's really something to look forward to. I wish the first model from the license would have been the Galactica herself, but I can wait...

No, no I can't!

But I'll have to.
Thanks again for the news.

P.S. Did Moebius bring the Pegasus by any chance? Any more photos would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The Herman and Grandpa Munster figurers truly bear an amazing likeness to the actors.
And Moebius getting the BSG license spells more great news for the modelling community!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
all of it looks good to me. I would think for the Prisoner it would be easier just to have Revell run the original mold (the way Atlantis did for Zorro and the Tyrannosaurus Rex kits). But, who knows...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Well....my big excitement is the Forgotten Prisoner! :woohoo: Not a BSG fan. There! I said it. :eek:

Oh, and the Grandpa/Herman kit is exciting too!

hal9001-

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
With the BSG TOS license, why do the Raider? If that is the example of the Moebius version, it doesn't look any better than the Revellogram version.
There is so much more subject matter than this.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I have to agree about doing the Raider first. If the tooling for a new TOS Galactica would be too expensive or time consuming to start the franchise off why not model something that hasn't been available as an injection kit like the Landram or the Galactica shuttle?

Other than that Herman and Grandpa look good as does the house painted up.

Thanks for the news!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pamphlet Moebius was handing out with 2012/2013 products said they would be doing a Galactica, Viper, and of course the Raider from the original series.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Somebody ask Frank about the large scale B-9 Robot, go or no-go!
I didn't hear him mention it at all and there was nothing in the fancy pamphlet he was giving out.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Ask him directly. He'll either answer, ....or do a little dance, make a little love...get down tonight! (Sorry slipped into a Disco Moment....)

Also status on 1/35th scale Space Pod and Chariot......

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
The question for the Galactica kits is what scale will each one be, will the Galactica her self be the same scale as the new one they already got out or a different scale???:woohoo:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts