Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Frank made a presentation today about Moebius's upcoming plans for the next year and 2013. He has the license now for the original BSG series and the first product is a Cylon raider (I think, I don't know much about the show). He also will be producing a Herman and Grandpa Munster pair in an original Aurora scale I believe, the prototypes on display were a big larger then the product will be. He also is going to rerelease the classic Forgotten Prisoner kit probably from new tooling but I don't know. The Bride is on the boat and should be on the street within 2-3 weeks. Mars Attacks will be late in the year and there was no models or information about it. He had a raffle and gave away more than a dozen kits, some only in plastic bags, but the top prize was 3 or 4 packaged Bride kits for those lucky ticket holders.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Great news about the release of The Munsters.What is Aurora scale exactly.I certainly hope that Lilith Munster and Herman's son will follow.I know that a great resin Lilith was released in the past with arms up and part of the dress looking like bat wings I guess.Also Herman's son in a great diorama setting was also released in resin.Both would make great addition if these same figures were released in styrene.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Love to see more shots of the Raider - someone in another forum said it was a big kit. I'll be in for one but what I would really be looking forward to would be the Viper and the TOS Galactica herself!

Speaking of that Raider, is there something funky going on with the starboard "intake" or is that just perspective playing games with me? It looks like it's different from the port side...

Mark in Okinawa

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took a look at the Moebius flyer I picked up in the room and that they are planning to do the Galactica, Viper, and Raider from the original BSG series.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
CultTVman's Wonderfest news roundup has been posted to his site. In addition to what Bob K. posted, there is also going to be a larger Bat Pod with Catwoman figure. He doesn't elaborate on what, precisely, the scale will be. He only says "larger scale."

There will also be an HO scale kit of Mel's Drive-In from American Graffiti. I can see this being a big hit with the model train guys.

It's interesting that Moebius and Round 2 both announced HO scale structure kits. Round 2 is doing Elvis' Graceland, of all things.

I was hoping that the Mars Attacks! sculpt would be ready in time for Wonderfest, but apparently not. I'm hoping for a new Universal monster kit announcement at iHobby in October. Personally, I prefer monsters over Munsters, but that's just me. :eek: I'm sure the Munsters will be a big hit. Oh, and that Herman kit is already screaming for resin parts to convert it to Franky.

Anyway, Cult's post is HERE. He's got a pic of the Bat Pod.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well I am glad some new products that are of interest to our segment of the hobby will be forthcoming.
The Munsters are on the must have list because of the uniqueness.
I am glad for people who want the TOS BSG, although I have no interest. With all the recent re-release I don't really see the demand. Even for new accurate tools of these kits. I might purchase the actual TOS BSG since I never had one.

·
Curmudgeon
6,649 Posts
I am glad for people who want the TOS BSG, although I have no interest. With all the recent re-release I don't really see the demand. Even for new accurate tools of these kits. I might purchase the actual TOS BSG since I never had one.
Demand for an accurate styrene version of the original series' Battlestar Galactica has always been pretty high; the Revellogram kit was seriously disappointing in that regard, which is why it was not reissued with Revell's other Battlestar Galactica kits a few years ago.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Seriously though there is a need for some basic journalism skills by our attendees. Cell phone video weather you think it's crappy or not, and pics, lots,and lots of pictures!
Ask about current or recently annouced kits and their status. New announcements are a given, but ask about the others,...Space Pod & Chariot, Tumbler, Batman figure set, etc. Remember there are those of us who are not interested in the same genre as you. What about Moebius civilian vehicles like the Hornet, or Semi Tractors, did they have the Skipjack there?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seriously though there is a need for some basic journalism skills by our attendees. Cell phone video weather you think it's crappy or not, and pics, lots,and lots of pictures!
Ask about current or recently annouced kits and their status. New announcements are a given, but ask about the others,...Space Pod & Chariot, Tumbler, Batman figure set, etc. Remember there are those of us who are not interested in the same genre as you. What about Moebius civilian vehicles like the Hornet, or Semi Tractors, did they have the Skipjack there?
You should attend and take on the job then! Actually I am working off my laptop with a wireless connection and there is a huge amount of waiting to get anything done so I tried to simply put in the best stuff. There was a full size painted up Skipjack on display and the sub guys would probably love to see it. I have pics but again, a pain to work on this laptop connection, at home I've got huge amounts of computer horsepower and a huge amount more connection bandwidth. Moebius handed out a flyer but it wasn't too much to be honest. It showed a trailer for the semi and the Munsters but besides what we already know about that was it in the flyer. I'm sure others will be posting more stuff later but I won't be back at home for more than a week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You should attend and take on the job then! Actually I am working off my laptop with a wireless connection and there is a huge amount of waiting to get anything done so I tried to simply put in the best stuff. There was a full size painted up Skipjack on display and the sub guys would probably love to see it. I have pics but again, a pain to work on this laptop connection, at home I've got huge amounts of computer horsepower and a huge amount more connection bandwidth. Moebius handed out a flyer but it wasn't too much to be honest. It showed a trailer for the semi and the Munsters but besides what we already know about that was it in the flyer. I'm sure others will be posting more stuff later but I won't be back at home for more than a week.
I seem to recall in the past that the info of new releases would be posted by many people from Wonderfest. Perhaps the holiday weekend is screwing things up for people. Any news is good news and pictures are a plus.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
If it were not for medical issues I'd be there. Nothing personal Bob. Any information is a Godsend.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.