Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
According to all of the announcements regarding the upcoming kits to be manufactured he is off to a good start! I, for one, am AMPED over this new company and can't wait to see the stuff arrive at my doorstep so I can get it on the workbench.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It just goes to show..no matter how many "so called" industry pros keep telling us it "CAN'T be done " unless a potential individual has MILLIONS to invest as well as "big connections" in the hobby industry... , are WRONG again..Sure.it takes capital...but NOT quite as much as Tom Lowe had..But it also takes RESOLVE and a desire to take a chance and succeed..Every new business, for the most part, has to start somewhere..Mobius is off to a great start..For one, they are repopping the Aurora Jekyll & Hyde, which PL thought wouldnt be a good release, which was a strange decision, as to me, everyone that bought the entire run of Aurora horror repops that PL made, would have bought at least one,or more.Of course that wouldnt justify tooling up for it, but It still would have sold fairly well, based on how the runs sold of all the others..Now Moebius is going to release a Seaview , as a new pattern..very shrewd and profitable move..Lets wish Moebius all the best..and look forward to all his new releases!
And hope that they will issue, and reissue, subjects that PL didnt or woudn't tackle..

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Zathros said:
It just goes to show..no matter how many "so called" industry pros keep telling us it "CAN'T be done " unless a potential individual has MILLIONS to invest as well as "big connections" in the hobby industry... , are WRONG again..Sure.it takes capital...but NOT quite as much as Tom Lowe had..But it also takes RESOLVE and a desire to take a chance and succeed..Every new business, for the most part, has to start somewhere..
well its my understanding this man has decades as a hobby retailer, plenty of time to build those connections.
guys if you want to see this guy succeed, buy these kits. moreover, ask your local hobby retailer to order one for you. one kit doenst constitute a product line. i can tell you from watching other start-ups in specialty industries, while im very happy to see it, this is a very shaky start. retailers and distributors like to see multiple designs in a product line before they order, and without those distributors and retailers, its doomed, because there arent enough of us die-hards to make it viable. thats why those millions are needed (as opposed to thousands)... to make a line large enough for the distributors to pay attention and carry it.

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
I for one do my best to support the hobby for sure......I try and buy a full case of any cool kit that comes around these days. Moebius is no exception. I have a case of Jekyll kits paid for and Frank also has me down for a case of Captain Actions. Will be getting a case of Romels Rod and hard to tell if I can afford a case of a 39" seaview but we will see what the best price is that I can get for that thing. I have close to a case of all of the PL stuff and I want to keep going with Moebius. My warehouse....I mean HOUSE looks like a model shop! I know there are others out there that enjoy doing the same thing that I do and I only hope that everyone steps up to the plate and makes this new company soar.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Has Moebius starting shipping the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde kit yet? I am one who has had a preorder for this model since it was announced some time ago. But I haven't heard hide nor hair (sorry, couldn't resist) about its shipping status.

Anybody know what's up in this regard?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Frankie Boy said:
Has Moebius starting shipping the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde kit yet? I am one who has had a preorder for this model since it was announced some time ago. But I haven't heard hide nor hair (sorry, couldn't resist) about its shipping status.

Anybody know what's up in this regard?

Thanks
Jekyll and Hyde has been delayed to make refinements to the molds. I expect we'll be seeing this kit in the very near future.
Personally, I don't mind waitng if it means the kit will better. Hey Frank, take whatever time time you need to make the kit right. I'll still be here!

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
I just e-mailed Frank at Moebius a couple of days ago and he said that he is hoping to have them at the end of this month. Being a nail biter myself, I know that if a kit is announced to be released on a certain date then you can usually add a month or two to the ACTUAL release date. Hang in there, Frankie Boy! I am down to the nubs myself!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Moebius sounds almost too good to be true. If this comes to Fruition, Frank will become my new hero.

But until I'm holding that first release in my hands (Jekyll/Hyde) I won't be doing the back-flips just yet.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duck Fink said:
I just e-mailed Frank at Moebius a couple of days ago and he said that he is hoping to have them at the end of this month. Being a nail biter myself, I know that if a kit is announced to be released on a certain date then you can usually add a month or two to the ACTUAL release date. Hang in there, Frankie Boy! I am down to the nubs myself!
i didn't see his e mail address on his site, do you have an e mail address for him ? thanks.

·
Curmudgeon
6,601 Posts
Frank started this thread...

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=179248

...in which he will attempt to answer all of our questions...at least until we bombard him with so many that he won't be able to keep up. :p

As Frank states in the thread, the Jekyll/Hyde kit has been delayed until April due to some unforeseen problems with the clear parts; first they weren't clear enough, then they were so clear you could see the part numbers on the insides of the parts. :eek:

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
model maker said:
i didn't see his e mail address on his site, do you have an e mail address for him ? thanks.
I actually e-mailed him through the Rommels rod question thing from his website. Looks like he is on THIS site now and answering every question thrown at him so far. Check out the "Questions for Moebius" thread (in case you have not already). Looks like he prefers this thread over the e-mails (which I am sure he has received a TON of)!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts