Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You think we could get some progress pics before the release like we got with the PL Enterprise? This is very exciting news but having been disapointed many times, I won't believe it until I see it.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have seen pics of a prototype and it looks pretty great to me. Not shareable unfortunately but I do want to reassure people that barring some unforseen disaster this is one Seaview that WILL hit store shelves...

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
What's the rush? Many of us haven't even gotten around to building the P.L. Re-fit yet (hell, I'm still working on my P.L. Jupiter II). :freak: :p

It'll happen when it happens. The good news is that in this particular instance the kit in question seems destined to actually make it into the marketplace.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Carson Dyle said:
What's the rush? Many of us haven't even gotten around to building the P.L. Re-fit yet (hell, I'm still working on my P.L. Jupiter II). :freak: :p

It'll happen when it happens. The good news is that in this particular instance the kit in question seems destined to actually make it into the marketplace.
Ditto....with all that I want to get this year, I'll need the time to save the money. This year, I'm planning on getting:
a couple of Seaviews
a Voyager if it comes out this year
a couple of Art Asylum Enterprises
a couple of 1/18 1966 TV Batmobiles
a 1/72 scale Gato Sub from Revell
and the list goes on.....

·
Starship Class
11,869 Posts
Trekkriffic said:
Heck with the Seaview. I want a model of Perfesser Coffee's aquashuttle. That is a sweet build !
Yeah, you'll get that one in November of 2019! :p

OTOH, I'm still thinking on the heavy shuttlecraft and how to make a two piece mold that will capture the curves just right. I might have that ready for replication in November of 2009 :D

·
Starship Class
11,869 Posts
jbond said:
Wait wait wait--where is this aqua shuttle? Please someone make some 1/72 TAS shuttles!

That was just a modern racing speedboat that I did up with AMT 1701 decals :p

Here is a heavy shuttle:

It is much closer to completion now.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Thanks for the tip; now I've got both the Seaview AND the Voyager on pre-order through Cult's shop.
I prefer doing business with one of the "little guys" who actually cares about his customer base, and basically is still one of US, and I strive to support him as best I can.

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
I agree,that why I pre-ordered mine as well.Steve is a great guy,I'm sorry I wont be able to hang out with him like I did at Wonderfest last year.Alexander

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
^^^^^So true. He also has the best pre-order price. :thumbsup: $79.99 is a great price. Many sites are selling them at $99 for a preorder. I havent bought many models recently or even participated on hobby forums as of late, but whenever I do i buy stuff from Steve. This should be one sweet model. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts