Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just got news from Moebius Models that they will be releasing the Aurora Moonbus! The kit will come in a paper wrapped-Aurora style box, just like the original. Expected release date is March 2009

We'll begin taking preorders tonight in the CultTVman Hobbyshop.

More soon.
Steve

·
Registered
882 Posts
I guess someone has ironed out the 2001 ownership rights trail.

I'm excited about this one, Well done Moebius!

Oh and I think Steve got the year wrong...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
In a sense we are all overjoyed,but a brand new retooled and precise Moonbus would have been even better.Since they seem to have the 2001 licence,I certainly hope that a 12 inches in diameter or more Space Station will be issued with option of either fully completed or partially completed Space Station just like in the movie.And let's not forget the astronauts figures.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great to see this happening but what would be even better is if Moebius have acquired the rights to all the 2001 designs.
I'd love to see a range of kits released to match the quality of the Flying Sub...particularly an Aries 1B

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
:dude: Who's to say Moebius DOESN'T have the rights to "all" of the 2001 designs?
I'm greatful for the Aurora Moonbus re-pop, and would even welcome an Aurora re-pop of the Pan Am Space Shuttle, and knowing the pure talents at the disposal of Moebius, a 2001 Space Pod or Discovery wouldn't be impossible.
I'll be patient and stay tuned. Until then,
THANKS AGAIN, FRANK!
:hat:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Before we get into a bunch of conjecture about the extent of this licensing, I wonder if Frank can confirm if it's a 'Moonbus only' deal, or the whole 2001 enchilada...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
"I know this news sounds rather incredible, therefore we're checking it's authenticity with our twin niner triple zero computer."

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
"Please! One miracle at a time." - Col. Robert Hogan, Hogan's Heroes

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Boy! I'm happy about the Moonbus and all but it would have been better if they had included a tiny little Harry Dean Stanton as a crew member. :(

·
Oxidation Genius
31,237 Posts
WOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Frank, I love ya!!

Let's see, one in UPS markings, one in FedEx.... :D

·
Oxidation Genius
31,237 Posts
Oh yeah - somebody needs to work up an accurizing kit to address whatever inaccuracies the kit has.

1 - 20 of 354 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.