Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any of you lighting Wizards thinking of mustering up a lighting kit for the New Moebius Munster House?
Maybe team it up with a little Thunder in a sound kit?
Cheers
Denis

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Good idea Mcd! Maybe some wolf howlings too? To bad there's not any basement windows. Could have some flickering lights coming from Grandpa's dungeon.

Well, I might as well go over the top and say some bat chirps too! :rolleyes:

hal9001-

·
Registered
432 Posts
We have almost finished the lighting system for the munster house. The sound can be added at any time as a stand alone unit. Will be posting more info and pictures when the model kits closer to release... Randy

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Randy:thumbsup:
I'll be keeping a close eye on these forums:wave:
Denis

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
There ya go Denis!
Ask and ye shall receive...:)

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is getting Cooler by the minute:thumbsup:
Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have other lighting effects for the Addams Family Haunted House, or will this be adaptable to other Haunted Houses...I'm asking because I'm building a 'Haunted Hamlet' which will have 7 or 8 Haunted Houses including a Spooky old Windmill...I might even put Moebius' new 'Mels diner' in the dio...all HO gauge...
Denis

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Hee hee! I wanna Play, Randy has some torch effects and Fire...Hey Randy? do you have electrical storm too?

I wanna see what you do with this..it will be cool!

Steve

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi, Yes mcdougall we will have a kit for the Adams family house as well... Steve we have plans for multi feature effects for the Munster House project... Sound can be add in as a stand alone effect... I will have some photos up soon... Randy

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice...can't wait to see your progress:thumbsup:
Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just paid for 1313 Mockingbird Lane (CultTVman) tonight:thumbsup:
How is the progress coming on the lighting kit?
I've got 3 Regular kits paid for (Shipping next week) and 3 Ghostly Green kits on order that will be released later in October...going to be a cooool Halloween :thumbsup:
Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah got mine today...3 of them...
One is going to be Out of the Box...
another with the upgrade kits and lighting(hope this comes out soon!) and I'm
going to see if I can incorporate the AFHH Ghosts in one???
Looking forward for this and the AFHH lighting kits!
Good times!
Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What all would you like the light kit to do?
Do you have any thoughts?

Steve
Well I've got this coming in the mail...
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Haunted-House-detail-set-from-ParagrafixBHP_p_2312.html
and the shadow casters need a light source in order to be seen...maybe a flickering eerie blue light...
also exterior ground lights that splash upwards on the walls...
possibly an exterior Lightning effect...
and of course a spooky light way up in the Turret would be kinda cool....
Somebody stop me.....:p
Cheers
Denis

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Nothing against Randy's outstanding lighting kits, but in the latest issue of Amazing Figure Modeler they use two battery operated tea lights for the random flickering effect on the Munster's house.

Rob
Iwata Padawan

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nothing against Randy's outstanding lighting kits, but in the latest issue of Amazing Figure Modeler they use two battery operated tea lights for the random flickering effect on the Munster's house.

Rob
Iwata Padawan
For staging a photo shoot, cheapie tealights and dollar store leds work just fine....I use them all the time :thumbsup:
....But....for a permanent lighting detail...these just don't cut it in my opinion.
This is truly a case of 'You get what you pay for'
Don't get me wrong, as I've said...the cheaper readily available tea lights etc are just fine for a quick photo shoot application and also to see how different lighting affects different scenerios and once you see what will look best....you can and should replicate(replace) them with a more permanent solution.
besides, I really hate trying to find those damned wafer batteries, and having to leave my work unfinished in order to open up the model to replace the problem when it could have been wired in permanently :wave:
Does this make sense to anyone?
Cheers
Denis

1 - 20 of 31 Posts