Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I think we were already aware that they were working on this kit....I haven't seen any test shots of it yet though....

It is GREAT news though....!

MMM

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does this picture represent in any way the looks and pose this kit will have when manufactured.:confused:
You got me on that one.But hoping the likness is dead on and alot better than the Frankenstein that recently came out.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The medallion is not on this new kit. I dont know what the pose will be, but it wont be the one from that pic.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
From what I have read here and eslewhere concerning this kit, they are licensed through the Legosi estate and not through Universal. They got around this by modeling him to his stage performance of Dracula prior to the movie being made and that means some small changes in his outfit primarily. Sounds like this will be a nice model and hoping Moebius does some more of the classics similar to Frankenstein and Dracula.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Other than the scale (1/8) and material (styrene) I'm not sure if ANY of the info on the MIM site is accurate. Licensing will be through the Lugosi estate ONLY and the appearance of the character WILL be based on the Broadway play. Ray Santoleri will be involved in the sculpting, but I am not sure to what extent. I have a VERY good reason to believe (actually, I am looking at it on my worktable right now) that Ray can NAIL the Lugosi likeness. :thumbsup:
Tom

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
OK.

Are we supposed to go over there and talk about it?

Stop talking about it?

What do you want us to do, based upon your post?

These types of post confuse me.
Most of these questions have already been answered by Moebius, on the Moebius board. I would think those who are interested and have questions about the project would like to read the answers straight from Moebius rather than getting second hand information which may or may not be correct. I don't want anybody to do anything - just providing some info.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Most of these questions have already been answered by Moebius, on the Moebius board. I would think those who are interested and have questions about the project would like to read the answers straight from Moebius rather than getting second hand information which may or may not be correct. I don't want anybody to do anything - just providing some info.
Which is cool, it's just a bit confusing with no other context to apply to the statement. A link may have helped a bit (for me at least).

Regards,

g.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That's wierd.

I don't see any post by "Ben Kenobi" with the "advice" to use the search function? Wonder how that got deleted? A mystery for scooby to solve some other day no doubt.

At any rate, shouldn't have to.. if someone is SPECIFICALLY prompting others to view something (info, pics, etc.), suggested by said person, general rule of internet etiquette is to provide link(s) to info suggested to view. SOP on any forum.

;)

g

1 - 20 of 20 Posts