Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any pics of the mini pre-assembled lIS kits Moebius is selling at Comic-Con? I'm assuming that they're 1/128 scale...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah, found them, they're the Jupiter from the derelict kit and the 1/24 scale robot, pre-assembled. Very cute!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if Moebius will sell them elsewhere?
I remember that cult got some stock of the Dark Knight Bats/Joker kit after they debuted at the con, so the remaining stock will probably be for sale somewhere. The lIS exclusives (j2 and b9) were $25.00 a piece at the con.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So hobbytalk.com tells me I can't post urls until I have 5 posts. This is 5...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have to admit that when I first heard of these my first thought was that they were finally continuing their 1/128 Irwin Allen line, and that they were premiering at Comic-Con. I still think it'd be a great idea to do the various iterations of the Jupiter 2 (Gemini, planet-side filming set, large-scale Masonite saucer etc.) In 1/128 scale.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have to admit that when I first heard of these my first thought was that they were finally continuing their 1/128 Irwin Allen line, and that they were premiering at Comic-Con. I still think it'd be a great idea to do the various iterations of the Jupiter 2 (Gemini, planet-side filming set, large-scale Masonite saucer etc.) In 1/128 scale.
Total agreement here! 1/128 scale would display with the Seaview, The Flying Sub and The Spindrift! An Invaders Saucer would be welcome too! But that's not Irwin Allen...so...

Doug

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
I believe one of our clever members here made their own 'prototype' 1/128 Jupiter II (using Shapeways or other 3D printer) and it was a thing of great beauty. It paired up very nicely with the Spindrift and Flying Sub and really, it should have been carried forward and made an actual kit.

For some odd reason it fell on deaf ears. It's too bad, the potential for such a thing, being able to be sold as the ship by itself and paired with a diorama base for a 'deluxe' kit (ala the old Aurora Cyclops kit), even reaching further to a revised tool for a Gemini 12* and launchpad as an additional possibility, that's a heck of a way to further the use of the Irwin Allen license.

*my thinking was- design the upper hull with an insert for the window so you can choose either the larger G12 or the smaller J2 windows, then you have a new lower hull with spin drive nee fusion core and presto.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Total agreement here! 1/128 scale would display with the Seaview, The Flying Sub and The Spindrift! An Invaders Saucer would be welcome too! But that's not Irwin Allen...so...

Doug
The Invaders Saucer is "honorary" Irwin Allen. I remember there was a great piece of artwork years back of an Irwin Allen aircraft hangar with the Spindrift, Flying Sub, and yes, the Invaders Saucer all parked in front of it. If you've got a lift-off roof, you're family...

·
Registered
646 Posts
These look totally cool.

I would certainly be up to purchase them but the bus trip to San Diego is a tad expensive from the bottom of the Pacific in New Zealand.

I have to say that I hate the Comic Con and D23 exclusive toys. For people outside the USA (Or on the other side of the US.) our only hope is often just eBay at greatly inflated prices. Grrr. :crying:

Alien

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I wonder if Moebius will sell them elsewhere?
Hey Guys :smile2:

"IF" you are looking for "Mini" Highly-Detailed, Pre-Built/Detailed
of the J-2....
try Ebay; Johnny Lightning LiS J-2.. I have several, 1-"Landed" with decently detailed "Pods".. and 1 "In-Flight" (that, you will have to do
some of w/ I would rate as a; "Skill-Level II Customizing", to finish..

Bubba (The Senile) 123 :smile2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts