Hobbyist Forums banner

Which version of the Jupiter-2 are you doing?

• Landing Gear Up "In flight version"

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Landing gear down

Votes: 41 74.5%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for Fun, I thought it may be cool to see what you guys will do.

Currently, My Jupiter-2 will be in the In Flight position with the option to add the landing gear at a latter date(That's if I don't go ahead a make them so you could lower them Manually:freak:).

I also like the look of the ship without the gear(The gear is very nicely done I may add).And to me, the best FX footage, from the Pilot, the Lift off and Crash, Look very real..TO THIS DAY.

Anyhooo.........

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think I will have mine down. I really dont want to hang it up. Although Henrys launch gantry would be a excellent choice to make a display without landing gear. Much easier to view the entire than it would be hanging up. So I may consider that in the future.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I think I will have mine down. I really dont want to hang it up. Although Henrys launch gantry would be a excellent choice to make a display without landing gear. Much easier to view the entire than it would be hanging up. So I may consider that in the future.

I'm doing it both ways. I got three kits-one for my brother for Xmas, and my kits will have the Paragrafix landing gear, and the other will sit on top of Henry's launch tower. I did the same with the PL J-2.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I am going to build mine with the gear down. Eventually I may pick up another for an in-flight display, but that is a long ways off.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Both. Gear up for the Launch Tower. I will be doing another crash site using my PL as it is smaller and a diorama might be too big with the Moebius.

My hobby room is going to be FULL of big build-ups!:woohoo:

Mark Dean

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Both. Gear up for the Launch Tower. I will be doing another crash site using my PL as it is smaller and a diorama might be too big with the Moebius.

My hobby room is going to be FULL of big build-ups!:woohoo:

Mark Dean
I hear you!
I may need a new house just for all the Jupiter 2's!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I like the in flight look but for practical purposes will build it with the gear down. I notice if you want to make it gear up, the "closed" covers fit flush with the hull instead of overlapping as on the miniature.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I am a minority, cool! The flush gear to the hull works for me, I am building the Jupiter II, not trying to recreate the filming miniature.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Both versions have advantages; gear down prevents the model underside from being scratched or marred, and the gear can even be illuminated from the gear well hatch window openings, while gear up makes it possible to make a huge crashsite diorama.
First one is gear down, and later on, a gear up version. The best of both worlds!
Of course, I'll be on a top ramen diet to be able to afford it, but what the heck, life's too short, and this is model I've waited 44 years for. :wave:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My first will be with gear down. My second will be with gear up on Henry,s launch tower. I want to say an extra thank you to Moebius Models for making a beautiful and brillianly enginered model. You guys go the extra step. Now where to put my many Lunar and Polar models. It is incredible, I have been waiting 44 years. Thank you Moebius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh, Gear Up. I've always for 40 years dreamed of it flying! Not sitting dead on the ground. Of course, with all lights running.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts