Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recieved a pleasent surprise from Dave Metzner in my e-mail last night. A set of previously unreleased photos of the Jupiter 2 Test shot build up for inclusion in the Detailing and Reference Guide. Here with permission from Dave are the photos. These are the best detailed High Res pics so far, this is the last word in kit detail pics as each area is photographed individually ! Due to the fact the file sizes are so large and the number of pics (20+) I had to post them at Flickr.com out of neccesity.

Enjoy Guys, it won't be long now!

Find the Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jupiter__series/

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh and before my maners escape me, I wan't to Thank Dave Metzner for allowing me the priviledge and Honor to be the first to post these. We are damn fortunate to have people like Frank and Dave, for letting us bend their ears with our sometimes silly choices of kits we are dying for someone to manufacture, and granting these wishes. No model kit manufacturer has ever in the history of the Hobby provided such customer service. They also have hit a home run with kit announcements and producing the kits ,ON TIME with little if any delay. I won't continue to sing the praises of folks you already know are top notch, suffice to say that for such a small, relatively new company, Moebius is a force to be delt with ,and a Hobby Juggernaut! Make mine a Moebius!

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
It's gonna be a long winter, and working on this is gonna make it an exceptionally memorable & happy one!
Time to finish off all the other back-burner builds and make room for the Jupiter II!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Just a quick note - the pics show first test shot parts NOT the finished model as seen at I-hobby and Chiller - The finished model has additional clear parts notably the panels behind the freezing tubes. also the finished model has different clear floor inserts in the elevator and freezing tubes with the texture like the Flying sub floor...Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my photos of the finished model...(musta deleted the files)

Dave

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Like ohers I've had a WIP PL2 J2 kit for a while now, doing kitbashing to match it to the "real" thing....Now I want to be working on the Moebius kit!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wow ... one can really see the commitment to details here. I'm not a LIS fan but looking at this kit makes me want to go looking for the series's box set.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Yep...The Chinese must think were nuts! So much detail for a model from a TV show that went off the air 40 years ago! Bravo Moebius! I used to wish for a large detailed kit of the Jupiter 2 back in the 60's but now I'm kinda glad that we did'nt get one. A kit produced back in that day and age would not have had anyware near the level of detail that this puppy has! Back then kits were somewhat basic and if say Aurora did one the accuracy would have been suspect as well. Good enough for the 60's leaves alot to be desired today. If one were produced back then all of us would have wasted soo much money on e-place re-acquiring them and paying atronomical prices!

The Polar Lights issue was great for its time but did have problems.

Now our patience has been rewarded and for a very reasonable price we will shortly have a kit that looks to be everything we have waited so long for!

Thanks Dave and Frank and Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts