Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm not really too much into car kits, but that 1955 Chrysler looks pretty sharp to me, and I will probably be picking up one of these too along with all the other goodies Moebius announced. Yeah, it's gonna be a good year! :)

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
These two kits are all new tools. They've been spotty at best as resins, but builders of cars love their styrene! I'm not that pumped about the Hudson and Chrysler, but the Lonestar is very very cool. I think if priced right they will sell a bunch of these. It'll be the first new truck kit the truck builders have gotten in a very long time.

Chris

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Great idea.Making cars that were not issued by anybody else.Should be great sellers.Now if only a set of 1/24th or 1/25th scale figures could be issued to possibly added in order to create more live dioramas with the cars that exist on the market.I would love 1950's era figures.It would be great id Moebius reissued from brand new impoved sculpts in 1/24th scale the same Hot Rods or about that Aurora did.:)

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These two kits are all new tools. They've been spotty at best as resins, but builders of cars love their styrene! I'm not that pumped about the Hudson and Chrysler, but the Lonestar is very very cool. I think if priced right they will sell a bunch of these. It'll be the first new truck kit the truck builders have gotten in a very long time.

Chris
That's a very cool truck!

·
Registered
434 Posts
On the subject of cars,I think someone should do a kit of the car from the movie: "The Car" starring James Brolin from the 70s. In 1/24 scale of course. I loved that thing,mean lookin' ride. I found a 1/18 scale diecast of it at a Big Lots store a few years back,and got it for $13.00. I've since seen it sold on ebay for close to $100.00!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Moonman, Moebius would be perfect company to make "The Car". I suspect licensing might be a challenge as it always is, but I've only seen it issued as a resin kit at the $100 price.
If not them I would think Polar Lights.
Chris

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Prisoner a few pictures from iHobby of the Lonestar:

The first picture is fuzzy but says 3rd qtr. 2010. I suspect it'll get moved back though and will probably be a '11 item.
Chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
Excellent, that is a cool looking truck and I will definitely be getting one of those.
I hope Moebius does well with it and comes out with more in the future.
I'd love to see them do the "Duel" truck.
Really looking forward to the Hornet and 300 as well; two really great cars.
Thanks for the pics and info Chris. :thumbsup:

Tim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts