Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still need to do the bottles with transparent paints (I'm going to hunt them down on the web - AC Moore has cheapened it's line of Delta Ceramcoats), but I wanted to share this with a few quickee photos. I'll be photographically doing this baby up right in the Lowbudget Model Museum after I do the bottles:

Figurine Statue Sculpture Action figure Toy

Sculpture Statue Art Classical sculpture Figurine

What a beautiful model! I watched the movie before working on the model, and they've got the Karloff expression down pat. The monster's clothes should have been more mangled, as was mentioned in another post, but who cares? This thing knocks my socks off.

I worked on this model for about four hours every morning since last Friday (5 days total). Total modeling bliss!

Keep up the good work, Moebius!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
That looks very good so far! Megahobby should have the Tamiya clear paints, which are very good and will adhere to bare plastic, too. I actually prefer the Gunze Aqueous Hobby Color clear shades but they are no longer imported to the US. Lucky Hobby should have those. I just found the colors to be deeper and richer, even being clear/transparent.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just noticed what was wrong with the Bride's expression - her teeth should be showing a bit! I didn't paint them because there are none; her lips meet in the middle.

I'll have to work on that as well.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Very nice Tim, love your paint up.:thumbsup:
Moebius has a real winner with this kit, making up for the "not so great, but still cool" Frank kit put out earlier.:)
I disagree..their first Frankenstein kit was well done! I'm still waiting to build that one. But this one is on order as well. I can't wait to tackle the both of them!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's this 'almost' done buisness? We want to see it done! Chop chop, work, work, work...call in sick. Take a vacation and finish it already. :D

Looks good 'so far'....

hal9001-
I AM on vacation - the whole summer. I'm a high school teacher, and this is when I unwind from dealing with (I admit, wonderful) teenagers all year.

But we just got a new dog, and we needed to chicken-wire all the holes in the yard (it's a beagle - he bolted immediately), and the lawn needs mowing, and my daughter just started working full-time, and I need to learn a new Precalculus curriculum, etc.

Life is complicated, but good. If I called in sick (meaning nothing but the models), my wife would kill me!:)

And there's more models in the pipeline....:thumbsup:

What we need here is a 36-hour day!

·
Elder Statesman
1,968 Posts
I am going to try to replacate the tears in the jacket, because the are important. The face and hair reflect what happend at the windmill. Even the Sideshow figure had them, so should this model. Not the end of the world, but I will add them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts