Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Viper is being shot right now for January shipping from China. Galactica itself hasn't been officially announced yet. February will see more announcements, but I'm sure the sides of the Viper box are a tip off of what will be out next.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I know I'm a bad person:). I'd say more about it, but I don't want to open the debate on scale before we even get to new announcements for BSG. Just 6 more weeks until we announce again!

·
Starship Class
11,935 Posts
If the J2 model kit is any indication of how BSG will be treated, then I think we're really in for a great year of modeling! :thumbsup:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,278 Posts
BSG with a complete interior!!!!

(okay, kidding).

Hey, I still have to build one of my old Monogram Vipers before I can tuck into a Moebius Mk II!

·
Starship Class
11,935 Posts
TOS Galactica or the re-imagined Galactica? My vote is the original.
IIRC, it's already been established that we're getting the TNS version.

I'd love to see an accurate version of the TOS available but that seems unlikely.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Timeslip also have the New Galactica in the same scale, and I have them both (Yeehah!!) waiting in line to be built.

Also ................................................ any chance we can get a peek at the new box cover picture?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Frank, is a Starbuck figure you'd like to add or are the rights too expensive? No one has done a good likeness yet of the actress who plays Starbuck. She did a funny BSG dream sequence on "The Big Bang Theory."

·
Oxidation Genius
31,278 Posts
I think they're avoiding having to license actor portraits.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
With a flight helmet on you cannt really see much of the face at that scale. Just offer alternate torsos in two genders and let the pilot ID hull graphics complete the picture...

·
Starship Class
11,935 Posts
With a flight helmet on you cannt really see much of the face at that scale. Just offer alternate torsos in two genders and let the pilot ID hull graphics complete the picture...

Alternate torsos AND legs! :D

However, it may only take a little epoxy putty added to a male pilot figure and could result in a very stimulating conversion:freak:

IT'S THE PROCESS OF ART NOT THE END RESULT THAT IS IMPORTANT!!!:wave:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know it's still in the design/planning stages, but I have a couple questions/thoughts.

-Does the plan include any included PE parts? I'm thinking that some of the armor plating on the hull, or the starboard flight pod window frames, could be much better represented with fine PE, rather than a styrene construction.

-Will the flight pods be hollow? Will the starboard flight pod have the museum window, OR, will you have the museum inside?!

-Do the plans include any of the air wing? Would you include in-scale Vipers/Raptors/ Colonial One? How about flight-deck equipment?

- Is the plan for the flight pods to be retractable?

-Is this kit being designed with an eye towards modelers being able to light it?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I know it's still in the design/planning stages, but I have a couple questions/thoughts.

-Does the plan include any included PE parts? I'm thinking that some of the armor plating on the hull, or the starboard flight pod window frames, could be much better represented with fine PE, rather than a styrene construction.

-Will the flight pods be hollow? Will the starboard flight pod have the museum window, OR, will you have the museum inside?!

-Do the plans include any of the air wing? Would you include in-scale Vipers/Raptors/ Colonial One? How about flight-deck equipment?

- Is the plan for the flight pods to be retractable?

-Is this kit being designed with an eye towards modelers being able to light it?
You'll see it all very soon.... No PE. Not large enough scale for something like museum or in scale Vipers or deck equipment. Pods would be "posable", not mechanically retractable.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You'll see it all very soon.... No PE. Not large enough scale for something like museum or in scale Vipers or deck equipment. Pods would be "posable", not mechanically retractable.
I hope the kit will have the option to go with or without the museum glass in the starboard pod.

Where are those Vipers?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts