·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I received the e-mail bellow from Moebius Models:

Founder's Day Sale! 50+1% OFF!!!

Hey Everyone,

To celebrate our founder Frank turning 51, we are having a 50+1% off sale this Friday only!

This is what you have been waiting for!

50+1% off sale for one day only!

Use coupon code f51 to receive 50+1% off of your order at www.clubmoebius.com

Sale starts at 12:01am on August 24th, 2012 and ends at 11:59pm on August 24th, 2012.

Happy birthday Frank!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I picked up one of the new Bride of Frankenstein kits. Thanks Frank! May you ahve many more! (Birthdays, that is!)

Larry

·
Registered
128 Posts
Saw it on Facebook earlier this week. Placed my order this morning For he LIS fully built space pod. Good deal, happy birthday Frank and thank you.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Fernando! I've been on the fence about the J2 becauses 18" doesn't really fit on a standard shelf. But, I've been thinking real hard about it lately.

Well, thanks to this sale I decided real quick and not only got one 1/2 price, but free shipping to boot!!! Wow $55.54 is a bargain.

Happy birthday Frank and thanks a million for the sale. :cool:

hal9001-

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are very welcome hal9001.

Thanks to Frank's "birthday's madness" I bought the Orion and the Voyager, both for just $26,64!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
The coupon code isn't working for me. It states that "f51" is not a valid coupon code. :(

Edit:

I finally got it to work - once I removed certain items that were evidently "excluded" from the coupon - like the Jupiter 2 Lighting Kit. :/

Anyhow,

Happy 51st Birthday, Frank!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Yeah, you're right Trek Ace, some things were excluded from the sale. I too tried to look into the J2 lighting kit and got the same note about f51 being an invalid code.

Regardless, I'm happy to get such a sweet deal on the kit, so no complaints here! :D

hal9001-

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
A big Thanks to Frank for doing this (I know he does not come here anymore but since I dont do facebook...). Very cool of him!
Had the pleasure of meeting him once (twice?) and he's a great fellow to talk models with. Super guy!
Jim

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If people followed Moebius on facebook, you might have seen a post by Frank over the weekend saying they had problems with the site and for people to call the office this morning. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
397 Posts
If people followed Moebius on facebook, you might have seen a post by Frank over the weekend saying they had problems with the site and for people to call the office this morning. :thumbsup:
This is why I don't follow the Facebook page.

Posted from Facebook page:

Models Office hours are 9-4, EST. Call or email Monday if you have problems with an order, I really hate to eliminate another post. And as a few have found out, I don't tolerate an attitude or childish comments on here for no reason. You will be banned from posting. This page has nothing to do with the customer service side of the business.

WOW... He just doesn't get it.

That is an obliviously wrong perspective... Facebook for companies is all about Customer Service, Customer Retention, Customer Acquistion, Customer Engagement and most of all generating Customer Purchases or Sales. What does he think Facebook for a company is really for at the end of the day? Well, NOT to piss off any of your customers as MY bosses would be quick to remind me if I wrote a post like that.

Unbelievable.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Crapola, missed it again!

While I agree with you that it does have something to do with customer service I dont see his message as anything negative.
Just a response to people with an attitude about missing a deal which he had already offered to talk to them about.

Maybe next year he will avoid this type of headache and simply not offer a deal like this again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, the admonishment on their Facebook page was quite tame and understandable. Considering all of those wonderful model kits the company has produced and the great customer support they have delivered, giving them the benefit of the doubt is in order. It is worth keeping in mind the company did offer a 50 + 1% discount to all comers for some of their products and have offered through the Facebook post to make things right with their customers who had difficulties - after the sale was over.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
This is why I don't follow the Facebook page.

Posted from Facebook page:

Models Office hours are 9-4, EST. Call or email Monday if you have problems with an order, I really hate to eliminate another post. And as a few have found out, I don't tolerate an attitude or childish comments on here for no reason. You will be banned from posting. This page has nothing to do with the customer service side of the business.

WOW... He just doesn't get it.

That is an obliviously wrong perspective... Facebook for companies is all about Customer Service, Customer Retention, Customer Acquistion, Customer Engagement and most of all generating Customer Purchases or Sales. What does he think Facebook for a company is really for at the end of the day? Well, NOT to piss off any of your customers as MY bosses would be quick to remind me if I wrote a post like that.

Unbelievable.
Nice way to misrepresent Frank and Moebius and fuel your unfounded dislike for facebook. What you posted was a response Frank made to a complaint someone made about what happened. Here is Frank's original post, which clearly shows him saying that facebook was not the place to air a complaint! What you posted was his response to yet another complaint that he had said could not be corrected until Monday.

Moebius Models, August 24
Please note I have taken down the "sale" post. Sale will end on time, but I have no answers to questions on the sale concerning customer service issues. Office will be open Monday at 9:00, and any issues will be taken care of. If you had a problem placing an order, we will take care of you on Monday, but Facebook isn't the place where it can be taken care of. Be patient, we'll address all issues - during office hours! Thanks to all of you that joined us for the sale today!

As he said, he could not explain why the problems happened and that the customer service people would be on hand to help them on Monday. THAT is customer service. He could have said nothing and let people get mad, but he stepped up to the plate and said there was a problem and it would get fixed as soon as possible!

Again, for all those who do not like facebook, Moebius has a spot on the front page of their website, down at the bottom, that has everything they put on facebook. You don't have to join to get the info, you just have to do something for yourself besides complain that they are no longer posting here! Gee, and I wonder why?!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thanks to the last couple of posts. I can only answer so much when I'm home, and no access to the customer service files. Which I normally have nothing to do with any ways, we have an employee for that. If you go back to yesterday, the customer that wasn't happy actually came back and apologized on the wall for what happened.

We're a small company. We have very few employees, none of them 24 hour customer service. Our office hours are pretty clear, and if not, just think traditional bankers hours (hate to put it that way). But we have very little interaction with retail consumers other than an event like this. So we can get rusty. If you look at our crappy little store, the first thing it basically tells you is to buy it locally and keep your local hobby shop in business. We have our hands full with the distributors on a daily basis, plus the business of making kits, so we could always improve.

I could spend all day here answering questions, but it seems like there's an element that just has a negative opinion of what we do, and why we do it. No one can make everyone happy. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons we withdrew from HobbyTalk. I have better things to do in the day than argue over non-issues. Especially with those that love to sit behind a keyboard and just bash everything. It's funny that I never get this sort of thing in person at a show.

I have no problem with complaints, as no one is perfect. Things do go wrong. You don't like a kit? Fine! There's a number I'M not happy with either! Feel free to say, I'm not asking anyone to sit on an opinion. But when it gets childish, I'm done listening. I have banned people from the Facebook page. Not that it means much other than you can't post. And that is the only reason. Feel free to criticize, but when it gets past a simple criticism, I'm done. I have ZERO respect for anyone who makes an anonymous critcism online when I'm pretty easy to find at shows.

For those that have been criticising on kit poses lately versus another companies poses. I can state very easily this: The studio and whoever handles the account, in whatever country, has more say than we do. If you don't work for a toy/collectible company and actively work with licensing, I can honestly say you have no idea what you are talking about. Last year our rep at WBDC changed 4 times. Know how tough it can be to start working with a new agent every quarter? I'm sure you don't, and you probably really don't want to.

But in the end, thanks to the guys that have some sense of reality. Thanks to everyone that does support us. I feel bad I don't get over here and answer some things from time to time, but you all know where to find me if you do have a question! And whether or not it's a Moebius kit, go build something! Those Zoukei-Mura planes are so nice...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Frank, don't worry about the negitive people; they have sniffed too much glue.
You and your company are number 1 in a lot of people's minds.
While I have only brought a few of your items (mostly because I'm not a figure person), I keep up on all of your kits and you produce ones that are winners!
Keep up the good work sir!

from a fan.
:wave:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.