Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was playing around with some of my extra Greenlights , Did some wheel or roof swaps .. By the way the G.M. 65 Dodge is #70 ! ( I dont like redlines .. ) I took the ugly graphics off the bue 67 Dodge & put on the Cragers . Roof swapped the Mustangs & Cudas . Got a 67 Dodge to roof swap next . Hope GL does one in a better color than whats been done so far .. Ive got more I did wheel swaps on . The 67 Dodge is the only one I cant get the wheels off without drilling out the chassis ... I put a bunch of the donors on ebay , cheap ..

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
YEA! I am not alone in ripping these things apart! I just have not seen other people posting custom Greenlights. I think they look great. I like the wheel choice, and the roof idea make for a nice change in the look of the Stangs. Good work and ideas, show us more!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
May I ask how hard it was to do the roof mods? Was it a simple pop off and on type of deal? Or are they fastened by pins like the chassis is to the body? Either way, your mods look well done and like they came that way from the factory! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The roofs are plastic . So its the same as some JL's . The windshield is fastened above the dash/ with the dash , & the rear or boot has melted pins holding it on . Pretty easy do do . Hardest part is the dash . Very careful grinding of the knurled posts is required .. Careful epoxy job puts it back together .. I use #2 screws to hold the chassis to the body .

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Once again, an excellent example of how the right wheels make a huge difference. Excellent work Dave.

Fortunately, there is no need to swap the wheels on the Cudas...they are already look great. I'm sending out another Kudos to Greenlight for the very realistic wheels they put on the stock GT500 and now these Cudas. Amazing at this scale!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They were listed under 60dave . Most sold . All I have left is a 06 Mustang conv . I will have a 71 Camaro soon . These have wheel or tire swaps . I can sell them off ebay ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts