Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to announce the MODELWORX Model Contest at the MAD MONSTER PARTY, March 22nd-24th, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.

What is ModelWorx? ModelWorx is an association of model artists and sculptors located in Raleigh, NC. We specialize in Horror, Fantasy & Sci-fi Figures, Alien Creatures, Kaiju, Anime, Mecha, Super Heroes & Villains, Spacecraft, Gundam, Dragons, classic Aurora kits, Original Concepts and more.

What is The Mad Monster Party? The Mad Monster Party is an annual horror/sci-fi convention in Charlotte, NC presented by Mad Monster magazine featuring celebrity guests, vendors and exhibitors with the greatest collection of monster merchandise and memorabilia, art and prop galleries, the Crypt Critters exhibit of LIVE reptiles, arachnids and insects, the Midnight Spook Show showcasing the world-famous Magic Castle’s magician of the year and more. For more info about the show, dealer tables, etc., go to: www.madmonster.com

Keep an eye on our website for more info as it becomes available: www.modelworxclub.com

If you have any question drop me a note at: [email protected]

Please note:
There will be a fee to enter models in the model contest.
Admission to Mad Monster Party is sold separately.

Thanks,
Dave Bennett

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
This is one I am going to have to consider even though it is quite a drive from central Florida.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Hope you can make it. Based on last year's attendance of 4000+ and their guest list, plus all the extra goodies, I can see this show continuing to grow into a huge event. I'm happy to be a part of it and to bring a model contest to the Southeast US. Imagine an older style Chiller show with a WonderFest quality model contest. That would be cool!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a little update on the guests for the show - Haruo Nakajima (the original Godzilla!), Veronica Carlson (Hammer Films legend), Gary Busey, Jake Busey, Kane Hodder, Gunnar Hansen, David Naughton, David Hedison, Ron Chaney and more!

Go here to see the current guest list: www.themadmonsterparty.com/guests.html

Looks like it's shaping up to be a fun show!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another little update. They've added Kirk Hammet and Bruce Campbell to the guest list. More to come.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Wow, sounds like a "good un" hopefully I can make it. I went to Wf every year since the beginning, except I missed the last two. Now that I'm on the east coast this looks like a good opportunity.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
James!!....that stinks! We were right in your back yard!

As soon as we get conformation and dates on next year's show I will let you know. In the meantime, if you are on FB, "Like" our page and you will be sure to see stuff as we post it. I will be keeping updates there as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts