Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you interested in?

This is more than about kits you'd like to see produced. It's also about kits you know exist but haven't gotten around to obtaining yet.

For me:
- PL 1/1000 TMP refit Enterprise. I still haven't gotten around to getting one of these. I'm interested in the small kit because I can only make room for one big Enterprise. (-:
- a TOS shuttlecraft. Either they make one or I'll eventually scratchbuild my own.
- a Jupiter II
- a Seaview
- a Flying Sub
- a UFO Interceptor
- a Proteus
- a '66 Batmobile
- a Tumbler
- a Batpod
- a C57D

That's a start and it doesn't include non sci-fi kits which your list doesn't have to exclude.

·
Banned
718 Posts
What are you interested in?

This is more than about kits you'd like to see produced. It's also about kits you know exist but haven't gotten around to obtaining yet.

For me:
- PL 1/1000 TMP refit Enterprise. I still haven't gotten around to getting one of these. I'm interested in the small kit because I can only make room for one big Enterprise. (-:
This, I have (2x). it's a very, very nice kit, but there are a few issues. I reviewed this on Amazon, here:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2N9UR7RSSVL0S/ref=cm_aya_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002UAR1QO#wasThisHelpful
- a TOS shuttlecraft. Either they make one or I'll eventually scratchbuild my own.
I recommend you try to develop a "kit" which you can potentially reproduce (resin, vac-form, photoetch, etc). I can guarantee, if you do a good job, you'll have plenty of buyers.

You could even provide your drawing set, in hard-copy form, with the kit. And a little booklet explaining what you've done, and why.

I'm just sayin...
- a Jupiter II
- a Seaview
- a Flying Sub
- a UFO Interceptor
- a Proteus
- a '66 Batmobile
None of those are on my list, but they're popular subjects and well-represented.
- a Tumbler
Painted black, or camouflage?
- a Batpod
- a C57D
I've got the C-57D. DAMN, but that's a HUGE KIT. Short of hanging it from the ceiling, I don't know where I'd ever put that. It's even harder to locate than the 3' Enterprise! The biggest issue with this kit is, frankly, trying to get the indivudual "orange slice" hull sections to fit together and be seamless and smooth, like the on-screen model.
That's a start and it doesn't include non sci-fi kits which your list doesn't have to exclude.
Right now, there are very few kits I don't already have which I want to build.

At the top of that list, of course, is the upcoming 3' TOS Enterprise. A good shuttlecraft (yours?) is way up there, too.

Next up would be a high-quality version of the TOS Galactica. And, I hope we'll see a "Razor TOS Cylon Warrior" at some point in the next year or so. We know Moebius is going to do the Galactica, already... but I'm just expressing wishful thinking about the Cylon.

I'd LOVE to have access to a really top-quality "Firefly class transport." I love the pre-built "Big-ass miniature" that's out there, but it's waaay overpriced for my wallet. If that were available as a kit, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, though.

Really, there's been remarkably little NEW stuff, recently, which I've wanted. Its' been a disappointing time, I have to admit. Mostly, I plan to focus on my many, many "nevergotaroundtoityet" kits, over the next few years.

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Other stuff that comes to mind:

- a ringship Enterprise. I know one is out there, but I think I'd want something a bit bigger and with some differences. This could be a scratchbuild.
- a 1929 Auburn Speedster. '36 speedster kits are out there.
- TAS Shuttlecraft. These would be scratch builds.
- a '40s era Batmobile. This would likely be a kit bash of sorts to make my concept of the car. I could start with a '41 Graham Hollywood or a late '49 Cadillac and modify that.
- a Neal Adams or Marshall Rogers or Alex Ross Batman. Yeah, I know there are statuettes out there, but they can be pricey.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I picked up a Buck Rogers starfighter and a Stargate at WonderFest so I can scratch those off my list.

I'd love to get my hands on...

1) A more accurate TOS bridge with full crew
2) A TOS transporter room
3) A refit bridge with full crew
4) A more accurate TOS shuttlecraft (expecting R2 to do this now)
5) Shania Twain (oh, wait, how did that get there--oh, "I'd love to get my hands on"...right)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I always missed out on the old Frankenstein figure about 18" tall, a little thin, and with some daisies. The smirk was priceless.

I'd like a 2 foot size Beast from 20 Thousand Fathoms, maybe a partial roller coaster with Lee Van Cleef shooting it?

Model of the Ymir fighting the Elephant

Figure set of the Alien Chest burster, rearing up from Ash's chest, the crew splatered and bloody...

patterns to fabricate your own fuel station(barge?) from Lost in Space in scale with the Moebius 18" model

Mummy, Wolfman, Creature and Dracula "Biggies" In 'scale' with Big Franky

Large scale Robot kits depicting them as costumes with the various stunt guys/actors inside (Like Bob May in B9) Lock Martin in Gort...But Robby was REAL robot right? (LOL)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I've got the C-57D. DAMN, but that's a HUGE KIT. Short of hanging it from the ceiling, I don't know where I'd ever put that. It's even harder to locate than the 3' Enterprise! The biggest issue with this kit is, frankly, trying to get the indivudual "orange slice" hull sections to fit together and be seamless and smooth, like the on-screen model.
I spent weeks making sure each gap was filled and sanded as good as I could. I used a wire bender to make a steel support for just inside the rim.The top was almost perfect, but then I hosed up a landing gear so the bottom should never be closely looked out... It's a model of a "FLYING MODEL" anyway.

I mounted mine on the wall (C57D). It's held from the ceiling by a pair of ceiling hooks. The wire is the control line model airplane stuff available in spools. It steel and very strong. (it supports my 4 foot Jupiter 2!) Hang it so you can remove the upper dome and see inside. I also put my original Millinium Falcon on the was kind of like hiding on the star destroyer(LOL)

I've been thinking about the big E and how to display THAT too. NOT hanging from the ceiling. Perhaps a floor stand, and steel tube? Model of the SPFX rig it was mounted to?

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1) A more accurate TOS bridge with full crew
2) A TOS transporter room
3) A refit bridge with full crew
These sound really cool. For the TOS bridge it might be fun to make a Pike era version of it.

For the Shuttlecraft it could also be fun to have it in a flight deck, well half of it anyway. Mind you with a 1/24 scale Shuttlecraft that would mean a pretty big flight deck to fit it into. As fun as it sounds it would tak up a lot of room.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
U.F.O. Interceptor(a trio), and Moon Base, S.I.D, Skydiver, SHADAIR, alien ufo
Mobile 1, 2 and 3...

Jupiter II

Seaview

and the money to get them all:rolleyes::cool::wave:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Every Enterprise a scale of 1/1000 or 1/1400, and that includes ever Klingon, Romulan and Cardisian ship.
And evry shuttle from St in their own scale as well.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
- a '40s era Batmobile.
I'd love one of these as well, particularly in 1/25 scale. At this point I'd have to agree the only option is to find a base model that's "close enough" and kitbash it.

For me, there's one kit that would truly make me happy: Monogram's "Ghost of the Red Baron", designed by Tom Daniel and hasn't been issued since 1969 because it didn't sell very well. Admittedly not a great kit, but nostalgia is a factor because I had one "way back when". Everything else is just gravy.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know it's demi-heresy but I really want a JJprise (Ryan-Church-prise?) kit -- I was absolutely gutted when R2 cancelled them. Or some of those wonderful shuttles from Trek'09.

The rest of my wishlist is a kit of Andrew Probert's Ambassador concept, an Aston Martin Vanquish, and a 4-door 67 Impala (cause I'm a Supernatural fanboy and that car is the badassery even to a dude who knows nothing about cars :))

Oh, and a Curiosity rover, s'il vous plait.

·
Banned
718 Posts
I know it's demi-heresy but I really want a JJprise (Ryan-Church-prise?) kit -- I was absolutely gutted when R2 cancelled them. Or some of those wonderful shuttles from Trek'09.

The rest of my wishlist is a kit of Andrew Probert's Ambassador concept, an Aston Martin Vanquish, and a 4-door 67 Impala (cause I'm a Supernatural fanboy and that car is the badassery even to a dude who knows nothing about cars :))

Oh, and a Curiosity rover, s'il vous plait.
Just remember...

NOBODY EXPECT THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

(seriously.. the JJ prise... ack! Thpptt! Blech!)

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I agree on the Probert Ammbasador concept kit, as long as it is not molded in resin.
And something else I would like to see from R2 is the Cardissan Galor reissued only with extra parts to make a Keldon class

1 - 20 of 38 Posts