Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I got out of work early and spent a few hours prepping for Charley and thought I could settle down for a few hours of modeling before all hell broke loose. You see the eye is coming right over Orlando where I live.

However, I can't build since:

a) it's too darn damp and the paint won't dry
b) I'm afraid the garage door might blow down and I'll loose the kit instructions
c) Power might go out while I'm airbrushing

OK, there are other reasons but these are the big ones.

Anyone have any bottled water? The store was out.

Jim
Battened down, watching the news, eating nacho Doritos, mostly calm.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,220 Posts
It might be time to build a boat instead of a model!

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I feel your pain, Jim... I'm over in St Pete, and as you know, we thought WE were getting the landfall of that beast up until a few hours ago.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Ditto from Naples, we're all fine!

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still here!

Picked up lots of shingles and tree bits this morning. Most of the damage is to roofs and trees - lots of big trees uprooted. We have water and power which is better than most of Orlando but the cable is out! Suppose I shouldn't complain because all they'll have on is how bad it is for everyone else.

The storm was breaking up when it passed over us so there wasn't really an eye (bummer - I was looking forward to that).

Off course, the humidity is still a killer and we've had another rain storm today.

More tropical storms in the Atlantic? Bring 'em on.

Jim

·
Registered
982 Posts
Darn, the last freaking thing I would do in that situation is modeling. Yep you guys are really used to this. Glad every is A OK.

Steph

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got back from vacation just in time for bonnie and charlie to come in. Fortunately I'm in the Ft Lauderdale area so all we had was some wind and rain,, nothing more than a usual afternoon thunderstorm. My brother lives in Orlando, and tells me he was out walking on a golf course during the storm.

I don't think he has too much in the way of brainpower these days........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Just got cable back this afternoon, spent four days with no computer or AC after a branch took out the compressor. Thanks for the emails, we are fine, and still got off real easy considering!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Glad you're okay! We all thought Charlie was headed for Tampa Bay so us and about a million others decided to get out of Dodge......To Orlando(Kisssimme actualy)where it would be "safe"......Jeeez!!!! what an experience....110 mph winds where we were,Unreal!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
That last minute turn caught EVERYONE by surprise. We feel pretty darn lucky after cable came back on this afternoon and we saw the devastion all around us.

The only personal damage literally we had was my Deep Space 9 Runabout, a stray blast of wind knocked it down from the boys ceiling! Sadly, the nacelles shattered beyond repair, but the body still looks good, might have to make a crash site diorama one day!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm with you guy's I'm over here in north Auburndale. I didn't get it bad at all. The two story house behind me took our beating. Annorax where in ORL are you. I work in civil drafting firm at the intersection of Lee road and 17-92. I'm glad that everything is alright. Annorax if you listen to 104.1 radio station you can find out where to buy your suppies. They dont play music, it's only a talk radio station.
Bryan Osborn

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KLINGON SNIPER said:
Annorax where in ORL are you.
South east - Conway and Curry Ford. Lotsa trees down in our area.

KLINGON SNIPER said:
Annorax if you listen to 104.1 radio station you can find out where to buy your suppies. They dont play music, it's only a talk radio station.
It's OK, I didn't need to listen to 104.1 (thank goodness). My local hobby shop was open yesterday and I got all the supplies I needed.

Jim

·
Registered
729 Posts
i just got me power back on yesturday evening.......boy this could have been much worse.....couple of my buddies lost their house :(

William

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Wbnemo1 said:
i just got me power back on yesturday evening.......boy this could have been much worse.....couple of my buddies lost their house :(

William
Where are you, Nemo?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You WERE very lucky! Glad you are ok!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts