Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to give a shout out to Modeltrainsoftware.com
Ordered some LEDs from them Monday afternoon and they just arrived. Their shipping times rival that of SSM!

I've ordered from them many times before and will continue to order from them.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I've always been happy with their product and service as well. Love using the little smds, they've made doing a simple lighting setup so much easier.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Buying prewired LEDs is ok if you don't have many in a build.
If a build has many,it can get real expensive fast. I buy in bulk for those builds.
I just finished the TOS Enterprise Bridge and it had tons of LEDs and LED tape in it.
SMDs are not hard to solder once you have some experience with them. A microscope makes it much easier.:grin2:
Through hole LEDa are a piece of cake.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, you can get the same pre wired LEDs in bulk from China much cheaper. Takes longer though.I just ordered some blinking LEDs from Evans on Thursday and they arrived today.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes, you can get the same pre wired LEDs in bulk from China much cheaper. Takes longer though.I just ordered some blinking LEDs from Evans on Thursday and they arrived today.
I ordered a 100 of each color and size to keep on hand.
I buy them without wires. Before I start a build I make sure I have enough or else I order them.
That way I am not waitng on them. I try and order from Hong Kong because they come much quicker than China.
I also have a good selection of resistors on hand. I like to get them from allelectronics.com. They have a huge selection and arrive within a week or less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts