Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Revel 1:72 model of the space shuttle a while ago. I am just now really getting a around to working on it. I didn't care for some of the decals in the kit and knew I would have to paint some of the details in any way. Mainly the very front and sides of the shuttle. I wondered if I should use decals for the front windows or try and paint that as well. I have also seen photos of the inside of the cargo bay area. It looks padded and I was thinking of trying to replicate this by lining it with something. Any thoughts on what I should use? I would like to try and detail the cockpit more as well after seeing more photos of this area. I will try to post some photos of what I have done so far and progress as I go. Thanks to anyone willing to give any input. I have done modeling since I was little and have had phases of working on them off and on over the past several years.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I bought a Revel 1:72 model of the space shuttle a while ago. I am just now really getting a around to working on it. I didn't care for some of the decals in the kit and knew I would have to paint some of the details in any way. Mainly the very front and sides of the shuttle. I wondered if I should use decals for the front windows or try and paint that as well. I have also seen photos of the inside of the cargo bay area. It looks padded and I was thinking of trying to replicate this by lining it with something. Any thoughts on what I should use? I would like to try and detail the cockpit more as well after seeing more photos of this area. I will try to post some photos of what I have done so far and progress as I go. Thanks to anyone willing to give any input. I have done modeling since I was little and have had phases of working on them off and on over the past several years.
Check out the decals at http://www.realspacemodels.com/index.htm or http://mek.kosmo.cz/newware/ they have superior decals for this kit!

Hope this is some help...

Carl-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am new to this and had some trouble trying to load my photos. I think I have them loaded up now though. I guess you can just go to my profile to see those photos. Carl the link to the decal sight has the escape door decal like I wanted. My decals only had the other door style as you can see in the photo. I ended up painting it on by hand. Mark the pay load kit is very cool. I will definitely look into that. Thanks guys for the help

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I am new to this and had some trouble trying to load my photos. I think I have them loaded up now though. I guess you can just go to my profile to see those photos. Carl the link to the decal sight has the escape door decal like I wanted. My decals only had the other door style as you can see in the photo. I ended up painting it on by hand. Mark the pay load kit is very cool. I will definitely look into that. Thanks guys for the help
Good, glad they had what you need. I didn't realize though New Ware didn't have the 1/72 Shuttle decals. I think he use to, not sure now. Haven't been there in a while.

As you can see both sites are good to have in your favorites if you're really into real space subjects.

Another good site/chat group is real space models on Yahoo.com Lots to learn there that's for sure. Lot of knowledgeable folks there!

Carl-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts