Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UK's Model Collector Magazine - new limited edition die cast TRUCK release

Hi,

I'm new here and am in search of a new, but interesting die cast truck I saw in a the August issue of England's Model Collector Magazine.

They had a detailed two page spread on a 9,999 limited edition of China's first mass produced truck - the 1956 Jie Fang CA10. Actually the truck was born before the first mass produced car which came 2 years later. Cool!

The detail of the truck on the body and especially the "under body" looked great in the magazine pics. My CMC car detail on the underbody are really poor compared to this one.

Has anyone heard of this truck and where I can get one? I've look at all the die cast shops in my area and none of them have heard of this truck.

I collect all sorts of cars and trucks and find this one really interesting.

If you think about it, its kind of like the "Model T" of China, and as the Model T helped build the United States to what it is today, the CA10 truck did the same for China.

According to the magazine, this is the first replica of the CA10, so there should be more of a collector value.

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Did some digging for ya and came up with the following info:

Produced in 1:43 collector's scale (approx. 16 cm / 6.25 inches in length)
Die cast metal body and plastic parts with fine detailing
Hand assembled with over 150 parts
Presentation box
Clear plastic display case included
Numbered plaque
Historical brochure
Certificate of authenticity

This link has pics and ordering info:
http://www.sl-retail.com/eshop/cart.php?target=product&action=view&product_id=159&category_id=253

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a lot!

Went to the link for a better look and the detail is really good.

The resin tanker truck shown is quite interesting as well.

I'll look around to see if there's any hobby shops where I live (NYC) before I go and buy it online.

Not too many "non mainstream" die cast out there these days and this is still a fairly interesting one to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truck is now available in the US

Well, I could have saved a lot of money from the US Customs as I bought my truck from the distrubutor in Hong Kong, but I found out that the truck is now available in the US through Whitebear Studios. Their website is at the following,

http://store.yahoo.com/whitebearstudios/

Enjoy & have a great day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts