Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

May I introduce MMI-1894 - Constitution Mk II Recreation Lounge Windows - Type 1 - 1/350 sale - $7.00 USD

Backside and the Original Scott's Guide Sketch

It's not completely ready, but is for sale as is (and discounted as well - the regular MSRP would be $8.00 USD). I have no instructions, and no box art. Yet. And in a future release (I hope), there will be pre-cut glass included. But the templates for the glass will be included either way.

It doesn't come with the lounge, just the hull section with the windows. This gives the modeler the option of tinting out the windows, or designing their own lounge. We never saw what this lounge was to look like, so it's up to your imagination. But you will most likely have to modify the VIP Lounge interior piece, as it will interfere with the new RecDec layout. It will protrude down into that space. Of course, it's floor thickness is WAY our of scale.

I do have the other 1/350 Rec Lounge Windows almost ready to go. These are just surface type windows, 4 of them, with center stile. The stile will be a painted strip on the "glass". WAY too thin to cast, even in 1/350.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM me. :)

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Very kewel! I hope they sell well for you. I definitely want a set of these in 1/530-ish scale if you do them, John!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Be sure to let us know when the second option (four divided windows, flush with the hull) with clear glass inserts are available...I may just have to pic a couple up! ;) I always felt that the rec deck set that was built for TMP would have fit into the saucer hull better using this overhead-window/skylight design, with the complex being in the MIDDLE of the saucer, rather than at the rim. I may just try my hand at scratch building this on my next PL kit...with your window inserts, that is.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Working on the 1/529 version guys. Working on it. :)

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Fair enough. I'm building a U.S.S. Constitution from the 1/529 version and I have a different resin bridge module that's longer and has a lounge instead of shuttle dock. It changes the ship enough to keep it interesting, however, some other pieces might be kool as well.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
After rereading, John does say in his original post that they are not completely ready to go. So that may explain the delay.

However a little update would be nice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
He was talking about the lack of packaging available when I talked to him last about my order. I am lead to believe that they are ready enough to ship, but he couldn't find appropriate packaging.

All I want is an update so I have confidence that I didn't waste my money.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I don't think that ya'll have anything to worry about where John/Johnnycrash is concerned. He's always been a standup guy where my dealings w/him have been.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts