Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pressure washer with a 6 HP Mitsubishi engine on it. I need an ignition coil for it. Can anyone tell me where to find parts for these? Web search brings up car engine parts but no small engine parts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
In all the last 40+ years, I've never seen a Mitsubishi engine on anything other than a Toro backpack blower back in the 80's. I've worked on a Mitsu generator, think it had a Honda on it.
Anyway, can you post the brand/model of the washer? Perhaps we can get a bead on it from that.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Harbor Freight sold it from what I can gather. I'd start with them. If you get stonewalled, as I have been, ask to speak to a tech (I needed compressor parts).

And FYI - If ANY OPE engine under 2 years old experiences an EPA component failure (they ALL have to provide an Emissions Warranty for 2 years per the EPA on specific components), it has to be covered by law. This is true regardless of what the primary unit warranty is, or from what country it came from if sold here in the U.S.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a small 1000 watt Briggs and Stratton generator from a guy who said he couldn't get it to run. Paid $20 for it naturally it was the carb. But, what was interesting was that once the plastic cover was removed everything inside was Mitsubishi! Thankfully the generator/inverter was good so now I have a small little generator. I figured I could get it running but the question in my mind was is the generator any good. It was! $20 wasn't that big of a chance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If it is from Harbor Freight is it likely a Predator or Grey Hound Engine. These are Honda clone engines made in China.

I have a pressure washer that came from Sams Club with a OHV Chinese engine. The magnet on the flywheel let go and wiped out the magneto. I was able to find replacement parts on line. It was a 173 cc vertical shaft engine manufactured by Loncin LLC. I bet that may be the manufacturer. They also make some engines for Harbor freight under the Predator brand.

Look on the engine block for serial or modle numbers. You may have to remove the plastic cover to find them.

If you could post some pic's that may help it get identified quicker.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It may very likely be a Pacific Hydrostar 65078. This is a 196cc horizontal shaft Honda Clone. Does this look like your machine?

See manual here.

http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/files/1961581/uploaded/65078.pdf

If it is a 212 cc engine it may be one of these engines:

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/67000-67999/67546.pdf

Does this ignician module look like it may possibly be right?

Pacific Hydrostar Pressure Washer 61228 61234 67546 67596 2500PSI Ignition Coil | eBay

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts