Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1339 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just wondering if Ed had decided when he was holding the on-road and oval state race. Last I heard it was in June but I haven't talked to him in a few months. Keep us posted. four or five of us from Pensacola would like to come up and race.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried to get in touch with Ed, but have had no luck. I would have thought he would have wanted a regional event but I don't guess he does. It seems he don't care much for ROAR. Its kind of funny, tracks don't want to support ROAR, but won't hesitate to get ROAR insurance every year. Maybe ROAR needs to go up on the track insurance, and come down on the personal membership price.lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
other than i dont think that i will get to race this weekend not much of nothing! i have to go to a rehersal dinner fri night but i may show up for the main

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mark White wants to know if the monster trucks are running this Friday night. Weather permitting. It will be next weekend before I can attend on the monster dirt oval.

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
161 Posts
All right Boys I've been listening for a while but now I need help.

It's not a set-up question. Not a shocks question... engine/motor/bushes question. Not a track water question. Not a wing question. It's a, I can't race with this one fella anymore question. I've had it. I really need someone to tell me why I should work on my stuff this week if this persons is going to start racing backwords around the track and take out the leaders if he isn't winning... AGAIN! The is the second week in a row for the Jack Ass act! It really is something to see. Like a Vegas act only depressing with no girls.

I spent last week ordering unubtanium parts mail order from China and spent hours installing them. This weedend I'm leading my first heat with the new setup and this fella throws a tantrum, takes out most of the field including second place and myself bending the Trinity front end ($30) and breaking the Losi A arms along with a few other parts. Faced with a 45 min. thrash I put my (new (broken)) stuff in the car and went home. Many hours of work and many dollars for 2.5 min of racing. I'm OK with breaking parts in the course of racing. That's the cost of doing business but this was a circus act... AGAIN!

What are my options? What are our options here in Meridian? Why should I fix my broken XXX-NT? So I can go next weekend? Really? What if he showed up at your track?

Bill Vail

·
Registered
98 Posts
If he did this to me he might tote an ass whoopin. I assure you he would not do it more than once without consequences. If there is a wall he would go into it until he could not race anymore or saw pieces of his car flying off the track.
Why should you fix it, Because you don't want to let him deprive you of something you enjoy. If he does this regular talk to the other racers and come to an agreement on what to do with him.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like this guy, Bill. I agree with what he said. You should fix your car because it is what you enjoy and you should not quit racing over another person's actions. Some rules of conduct should be applied as well as some kind of organization!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I like this guy myself BUT no one is going to intentionally go backwards to tear up my stuff. Has anyone talked to this guy yet?(Racers or Track owner)

Tony

1 - 20 of 1339 Posts