Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
ok... go ahead. what are/have you bought to race this year?

Really.... you need to get back racing. Maybe if you start back, Joneswill get back into it.... i need someone to pick on !

·
Registered
8 Posts
well i havent been on here in a while. we raced at small cars sat and had a good time actually. we are trying to get the offroad attendance back up. our track in flowood had not developed like we had hoped. it is not organized enough to hold a race or races. so i will keep a heads up on here, maybe we can get a series going between the two tracks.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rainey said:
ok... go ahead. what are/have you bought to race this year?

Really.... you need to get back racing. Maybe if you start back, Joneswill get back into it.... i need someone to pick on !
It don't look good here. I think about it sometimes. Just about all, if not all, have found other things to do. And if racing started here it would have to start all over, from the track to getting new and old racers back out.
I do buy a r/c mag every now and then though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there are alot of people that come to flowood on sunday and just play, but they will not come race on sat for some reason.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Some people think its more pressure to race than to play, and at certain events it may be. But I always had just as much fun just goofing off as I did racing(right Rainey). Local levels should be a place to have fun at and have bragging rights from week to week. Racing or playing should always be fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i know it is all about fun...but racing is fun if guys would remember that while racing LOL. it would help the track alot and be able to make improvements that are needed with the entry fee money.

·
Registered
514 Posts
b4wizard said:
Some people think its more pressure to race than to play, and at certain events it may be. But I always had just as much fun just goofing off as I did racing(right Rainey). Local levels should be a place to have fun at and have bragging rights from week to week. Racing or playing should always be fun.

Shoot.... one of the main reasons i race is to hang out and cut up with the guys. And nothing is better than making fun of Jones! You on point--- don't stick it in the first turn ! DOH!

I hate Redstick closed... it was worth the drive just to laugh at Jones! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Rainey said:
I hate Redstick closed... it was worth the drive just to laugh at Jones! :thumbsup:
Jones and everyone else. That was a long way to travel just to stick your head up your butt. But it was always funny even if you was a mad wrencher.LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
well it would be nice to see some new faces at the track. it comes and goes and also certain people tend to run others off as well. i have one in my head now that is not good for it at all.

·
Registered
514 Posts
b4wizard said:
Rainey, you done any racing as of late?
The last time i raced was the Big Chill. Been a while. But trying to get things geared up for this year. Bates managed to get a trailer from his work for us. I have it here atthe house measuring for counters and stuff. Not big but big enough for racing around here. Atleast i wont have to load, unload and set up, break back down and load and then unload at home ! :thumbsup:

Planning on running the Bass Pro series and who knows what else. Hobbytown is suppose to run a "once a month " race schedule also so who knows.

Now bates has a truggy and is having fun with it so i may go along with him to the dirt races and pit for him....... but maybe not ! :tongue:

·
Registered
514 Posts
WESLEY said:
us and bates had a good time last weekend...he is fun to be around.
Spend 10 and a half hours riding in a car, a whole week in the same motel room racing at the Snowbirds and then 10 and a half hours back home with him and you might have a different opinion ! LOL

Just kidding...... he is a good guy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
b4wizard said:
I would get tired watching Bates rebuild shocks.

Does anyone go to Ed's anymore?

take him (and me) from running rubber on pavement and put us on carpet with foams and watch how many changes he does then ! You think he tinkers with it here.......... :(

and Ed's? well they actually ran a race there last weekend. First on since the Goobler. It was a nice day (for this time of year) and some wanted to break their stuff out and play. Had a couple of off road classes (1/8th and truggy were the 2 i believe) and one class of 19t touring on the pavement. I started to go but didnt--- just hung out with the wife/daughter and goofed off with them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Folks,

I found the new thread... thought I'd post something so I'd get the E-Mails.

It's been a while since I've done anything but chase the dogs around the yard with my car stuff. I'd like to do a little racing but as before, I won't drive to do it.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Bill Vail

1 - 20 of 24 Posts